The Long Overdue Post Your Picture Here

Started by Helm, Tue 12/11/2002 22:15:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Adeel

Quote from: miguel on Fri 14/02/2014 00:12:32
Hehehe! That's pretty damn funny Adeel! Very good indeed!

Thanks :-D . I'm glad you liked it. Nice hairstyle btw, it's exactly how I'm styling my hair these days. :)

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

faerieevenstar

HAI THAR! I couldn't find an introductions thread anywhere, so I'll use this to introduce myself!

This is me and my cat. She's totally into it, honest.

I'm 30, live in the UK, and am a life long gaming nerd (trufax) As a kid I liked to play with the code on games on the BBC Micro to make level skip cheats, and I'd draw sprites for games, and my brother would code them. I also did some basic programming in DOS, then I somehow noticed boys and nail polish and things and got out of the loop of programming and stuff and never learnt more than the basics of Basic, (basically) but I married an IT guy, so I don't need to know that any more as I have my own personal code monkey :D  I'm not really so good with the coding side, and haven't really coded since I spent ages typing Blue Meanie into my beeb... I'm more of artist. I had dreams of a kid that I would be the person who paints the backgrounds for computer games, then when I got old enough it was all 3D rendering and was maths and I sulked for years. That is until I discovered that there was still a thriving retro gaming community, and then I found AGSers! :O

I've been lurking around on the forums for ages now, like the creep hiding in the bushes in someone's garden, but I thought it was time to say hello, and I hope I can actually step out and do some artwork for a game one day, and fulfil that childhood dream! My favourite era of games is around MI2, SQ4 etc.. That was the peak in my mind.

Ok I'll shut up now as this is a pictures thread not a "bore everyone to tears" thread...

Adeel

Hello faerieevenstar. Welcome to the (spotlight of the) forums! Looking forward to see you in other posts as well. Also looking forward to your contributions. :)

Cassiebsg

Hey and welcome :)

The introduce your self thread is actually here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=28879.0 ;) But since you posted a pic, this one is probably just fine. ;)

If you wish to do some BG and sprite art for my game Jake and the Summer Camp just PM me. As that's a game I wish to only concentrate in the scripting and learning AGS. :) It'll be a free game, so don't expect money for doing it though. ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

arj0n

Back in '79 I was 3 years old and I really loved my red telephone :)

Mouth for war

Nah not so innocent! I think it's more like "Aha that's right, I have him right here Mr President. Should I whack him?" ;)
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

faerieevenstar

Here I am abut age 13 with my computer <3
Please forgive the huge hippy hair of doom and my apparent lack of colour vision for dressing like that :-[

I know I have other pictures of e with my computer but this is the most embarrassing (laugh)

Adeel

Post some more pictures of yours, faerieevenstar. Especially those in which this beauty of computer is more visible. May I get to know what model is it? I assume it's Pentium I or II. :)

Btw, you look so similar to a girl who's my relative. Are you sure you two aren't related in anyway? ;)

PS: @Arj0n - Looking forward to more of your childhood's photos!

faerieevenstar

I'm trying to remember which computer it was... I see we have a flatbed scanner, which should help identify the sort of time. If I was about 13 it should be around 1996 ish.

What is annoying me the most is trying to squint at what the CD cases are. I want to know what games I was playing!

arj0n

yamipanda

Charles Cecil liked when I posted this picture on facebook. That means I'm cool, right?

Adeel

Quote from: yamipanda on Sun 02/11/2014 17:40:54
Charles Cecil liked when I posted this picture on facebook. That means I'm cool, right?

Yes, yamipanda. You're quite cool! :)

Dualnames

@yamipanda: Yep, well, perhaps few of your friends would get you, but i was like "OH A BROKEN SWORD T-SHIRT!" ^_^
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Retro Wolf

I do this pose every morning, it prepares for me for a day of hardcore games development.

RetroJay

Retro Wolf.

Holy SHIT.

Come on!!
Surely there has to be some Law here about posting pictures of my Ex-Girlfriend.

Oh! It's you... Sorry! (laugh)

Dropped Monocle Games

This is me and Myinah from a christmas party we had last year :)
Together we make 'Team Dropped Monocle!'

oh and another

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk