[ATC] Two of a Kind (new screenie)

Started by Dave Gilbert, Mon 16/08/2004 19:53:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

Background
----------

Over half a millennia ago, a meteor crashed into Earth. It was hardly noticed, and soon all traces of its existence vanished. Hundreds of years later, the town of Bluff City was founded on the same spot.Ã,  It wasn't long before the early settlers noticed something strange happening. Every child born in Bluff City was bestowed with a special power, such as levitation, or the power to turn invisible. These "gifts" were a scientific impossibility, ignoring all laws of genetics. With its heightened popularity, Bluff City grew and expanded.

Tim and Tiffany Walters are fraternal twins, born and raised in Bluff City. After a traumatic childhood (which they don't talk about), they became extremely close and depend on each other for everything. To pay the bills, they have opened a Private Investigator business.Ã, 

Characters:
-----------

Timothy Walters - Special Power: Levitation

Tim acts like an older brother to his sister Tiffany, despite the fact that he was born three minutes after her. He is strangely overprotective of her, and is constantly making sure that she's okay. He is very moody, often depressed, and looks at the world through jaded, cynical eyes. His one joy comes from listening to rock music.Ã,  He is particularly fond of KISS; he has all their CDs and has even met some of the members.

Tiffany Walters - Special Power: Talking to Animals

Tiffany is cheerful, happy-go-lucky and childish. Not only is the glass constantly half full for her, but it's also pink with smiley faces drawn on it.Ã,  She is obsessed with stuffed animals, of which she has many, and believes that she can always get her way by saying "Please!" often enough. Tiffany is always trying to get her brother Tim to have fun, which usually consists of a game of Candy-Land.

Features
--------
Two playable characters
Multiple solutions to puzzles
Over 20 playable rooms
Over 15 characters
A soundtrack composed of 14 original tunes

Notes
-----

This game was originally made for the AGS Team Competition.Ã,  The team consisted of Yoke, Dart, BerserkerTails, Scotch and myself.Ã,  Never had I imagined a team so great.Ã,  We managed to make the deadline, but feel that the game needed a bit of sprucing up before unleashing it upon the unforgiving masses.Ã,  We're adding some dialog, squashing some bugs, and adding some nifty features before the official release.Ã, 

Screenshots
-----------

EDIT: A new screenshot, because you are all so lovely:

Darth Mandarb

Now this is how a Game in Production should be announced!

A fantastic looking game!

I like the background detail, it really gives the game/story some depth.

The characters seem interesting (maybe 'cause I'm a twin?!) and well developed.

Looking forward to seeing this one finished!Ã,  So keep on 'sprucing'!!

Privateer Puddin'

I'm sure a lot of effort has gone into making this a lovely looking game, yet you leave in the AGS wait cursor in? :P

Anyway, looks great, looking forward to it.

Erwin_Br

Wow! Sounds promising! I also think your graphics have been improved again! I love the interface!

--Erwin

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: Erwin_Br on Mon 16/08/2004 20:48:32
Wow! Sounds promising! I also think your graphics have been improved again! I love the interface!

--Erwin

Thanks Erwin, but these aren't my graphics.  Guess I should have made it clear.  This game was part of the AGS team competition.  I only did the writing.  The artwork was done by everybody else. :)

BerserkerTails

QuoteThe artwork was done by everybody else.

It's true. Literally. I think everyone in the team ended up doing some part of the graphics. I did the main characters, as well as most of the animations. Dart did 90% of the backgrounds, (A couple by Scotch, and one by YOke), and YOke did I think ALL the animals and their animations.

Let me just say, that the game is, in my opinion, really REALLY good. I can't wait to see this topic in the Completed Games Forum, as I really think everyone will enjoy it.
I make music.

Dart

Taily is right; this game is really good, and I'm not just being biased here.

Normally I have a short-attention span when it comes to fan-made adventure games, but this one kept me enjoyed every minute that I played/beta-tested it. Besides, with Davey as the writer, how could you go wrong? :P

And don't worry Darth; the game is almost completely finished. We just need to kink out some bugs and it's off to the Completed Games forum for us.

fovmester

Sounds really fun! And with a good storyline too! Thumbs up!

G

I really like that idea. Twins with special gifts... nice story, and nice graphics too! I'll be waiting for it.

Nice work!

evilspacefart

nice story? Awesome story!! :=

lightman

Nice! Looking forward to playing it. :) I think it sounds like a good idea to delay the release and do a bit of polishing. Ideally, the final version should be final. ;)

Czar

So, when will the game be out?
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

YOke

If Dave doesn't get a writing block and I don't pass out drunk too often; by the end of the week. Or maybe sooner. Maybe later too. Hard to tell with theese things. We're enjoying the fact that we're not in a hurry anymore. ;)

Enlightenment is not something you earn, it's something you pay for the rest of your life.

Chicky

Beautiful graphics, top backgrounds and you've got Dave on story.

Cant wait to play, its a sure winner in my books.

Ginny

Patience.. draining.. must.. wait.. :D
Really looking forward to this game. Sounds like a very promising premise and plot, and of course what we've seen of the art is wonderful :)
Really love the concept of twins in a town full of mysterious paranormal stuff (people being born with special abilities and all).
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Dave Gilbert

Yeah, basically what Yoke said.  We accomplished a LOT in the mad dash to get the game ready for the deadline, but now that it's over we really want to polish the game off.  Right now I'm going over the dialog, fixing typos, and adding more descriptions to hotspots and interactions.  Yoke is going to sort out some of the major bugs that refused to be squashed.  And BT is going to be drawing some additional animations for the ending.  So yeah, hopefully a week. 

Kweepa

If you need some proofreading let me know!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Kinoko

Wow, this looks great. I don't really see too many successful team projects but this looks like a winner. Also, that cow has the pinkest udder I've ever seen ^_^

Dave Gilbert

Looks like I was a bit optimistic when it came to this game's official release date.  Many vicious bugs seemed to have wriggled their way into the game.  Our beta testers are dutifully rooting them out and we're attempting to squash them.  Perhaps another week or two.

ghostface

How's production coming, Dave?
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk