Need some cool ideas for my game...

Started by ras_maxim, Thu 19/08/2004 19:34:33

Previous topic - Next topic

ras_maxim

Need some cool ideas for my game...

Oliver

Maybe you could tell us what kind of game are you planning to make ??
You got it!

Coming Soon!

ras_maxim

I want to make adventure game. I already have 2 universes created, but with so much details they fit more for RPG. and i have some other ideas, but they are ideas though.
1. Post-nuclear universe. Have being developed for 2 years with my 10 y old brother
2. Universe of clay asses and dicks (I really wont to make such a game, but people will think about me.. you understand.. you are already thinking it..) :P Dont be offended..
3. Game abot Jamaica, rasta and reggae buisiness. Only ideas, nothing serious yet.

Eggie

Make a game about about a hideous monster from a swamp. The game starts off with only two GUI options.
EAT and DON'T EAT

There are two ways to complete it.

A) Eat EVERYONE

B) Try not eating things and watch as your social interaction skills grow.

ras_maxim

thanks for the advice.. but currently I dont like it. Maybe this will be included in one of the next games. I am serious - I am trying to make a game.. I have experience.. done some great games in RPG Maker and Dark Basic.. dindt want wont to study programming, finally found AGS - great - but lost ideas - bad!

dasjoe

eggie, that's a great idea! i seriously think about making a game like that.. thanks buddy!
... it's quite easy being the best.

Chicky

Yeh cheers Eggie, thats a damn good idea.  Ill stop GuardDuty and start working on it right away. Do you think it should be a community thing like RON?

ras_maxim

I am serious, you are making fun of me
please stop and help me to develop a plot
I've finaly decided to chose 3rd option - about Jamaica. Watch "Rockers", "The harder They Come" and you've got the idea. You also can watch @Babylon@, it's about british Rastas though.

Moox

You could always google for ideas

Kinoko

LT - Hey, thats really great. You should make that a standard thing you use whenever it's needed.

ras: If you've been working on something for 2 years, can't you come up with your own ideas? Imean, people can offer small ideas about a particular part of your game, but noone is going to basically create a game for you. That's the whole point of making -your- -own- game.

R4L

RPGMaker is supposed to be the best RPG maker out there, yet it sucks ass. The characters move way to fast, then with paralexing, the controls lag and they move too slow.

But anyway, I have an idea. How about making a world where you can go anywhere or anyplace. Like an RPG, but with adventures. There is a game called Fable for XBOX coming out soon and depending what you do, alters how you live, what you look like, how people talk to you,etc. Maybe you could make something like that set in the future or anywhere else in time.

Andail

People make fun of you because you're a noisy kid.

If you want feedback on your ideas, write a proper plot-outline and post it in the critics. You can't expect people to just pull a name out of their arses without knowing anything about your project.

Just don't have the word "attention" written in caps in you subject line, or it'll be removed.

ras_maxim

Quote from: Rap4Life42o on Fri 20/08/2004 04:14:50
RPGMaker is supposed to be the best RPG maker out there, yet it sucks ass. The characters move way to fast, then with paralexing, the controls lag and they move too slow.

You can easyly speed up or slow down character with particular command. Characters can move slow because of an olod computer. If you are tlking about RPG Maker XP, it requires at least P-III 900 and optionally P-IV 1900

QuoteIf you want feedback on your ideas, write a proper plot-outline and post it in the critics.

I will. First going translate it to English.

Sam.

okay, you could make a game where everybody thinks for themselves and come up with unique ideas of their own. then, when you get to the next level they make a game of their unique personal ideas, like a game in a gam, a philosophical adventure.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

bspeers100

The year is 2305.  Late in the elections for world leader, a Duck and the clone of Adolf Hitler are the only ones running.  Through complete accident, no one else filled the requirements.  In a desperate bid to save the world from horror, destruction and evil, you, Harmus McQueny are hired to provide political anchorage for the duck.  Only problem?  The duck has no skills at all, no name, and no ability to lead.  And with a great propaganda team and no legitimate contenders, it's gunna take something short of a miracle to get the duck to win.

Using only your wits and a small team of enthusiastic supporters, you must get the duck's approval rating up high enough to beat Hitler.  That means going to planets that have never even heard of the Nazis and convincing them that a non-sentient species is better than a human man with a funny mustasche.

Meanwhile, Hitler and the geneticly identical great great great great great grandson of Ron Popeil are putting together an advertising team... of evil!  They want Hitler to win so bad they can taste it, and they'll stop at nothing to beat that duck to the hover-chair of power.

Spend hours completing quests that will raise the profile of the duck, avoid Hitler's army of robots and outthink the propaganda team at every turn to win the election of the lifetime.  Heck, of a millenia.  Sub-quests will involve:

+ Convincing the Squid-people of Arbutus IX that the duck can end their clamshell shortage by bringing in a shipment of emergency shells--before Hitler does!
+ Win an "Iron Chef" style challenge between Hitler and the Duck (a combination of fast-paced meal planning, food item getting and arcade-like action)
+ Poster all of downtown New New York
+ Collect the pieces of the coolest space car to beat out Popeil's Awesommobile touring through the Car People Nebula of Sirius VI.
+ Escape the "pit and the pendulum" trap created by an anonymous villain.
+ Uncover the SHOCKING twist concerning the parantage of the duck.
+ Only one team can get a marvelous advertisement in the sky.  Who will the ad company back, and can you get them on your side by solving their puzzle of needs?

Can you prevent Hitler from winning the election?  Or is this clone different than even he appears?

Multiple endings depending on how many approval points you win and how you deal with the evil clone of Hitler.

Hitler and the Duck : The Election Scamper

ras_maxim

It seems like this thread turned to just "ideas" thread. Well, great idea itself! Its going to be a big database for people who lack talent to write stories for their games.  ;D
Zootyfruit: your idea is to complex to realize..
bspeers100: your plot better suits RTS with rpg elements than adventure but its great!

Ginny

Zootyfruit: Ideas of this sort, though not as complex as having NPCs make their own games, have passed through my mind, in all kinds of forms, but obviously they may be hard to realise. I hope to do soemthing like this one day.

bspeers, that sounds totally fucking awesome! I can't get over how awesome that is. It's so awesome, we need to invent a new word to describe it's awesomisity. It even drives a better car/aircraft/hovercraft than the Awesommobile! ;)

Seriosuly, you, or someone else has got to make it!
I can see it now, the state of the art animations and cutscenes, the catchy music, the RatingMeter(tm) counting the Duck's rating, etc etc.. :D

Ok, enough over-enthusiasm! ;)
Btw blake, haven't seen you here in a while, where've you been? Or have I just been missing your posts?

Edit: I see no reason why this idea would suit RTS more than adventure. Adventures can have those kind of features and arcade sequences. That's what I call originality! :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Mephistophilis

I vote for the Duck party! is the twist in his parentage that he's Bobbin Threadbare's son?
But he was a swan, are swans Ducks?
"No, your mother was a Duck."
Sign Here           Mephistophilis

edmundito

Quote from: Eggie on Thu 19/08/2004 21:45:45
Make a game about about a hideous monster from a swamp. The game starts off with only two GUI options.
EAT and DON'T EAT

There are two ways to complete it.

A) Eat EVERYONE

B) Try not eating things and watch as your social interaction skills grow.

Eggie is a freakin' genious! I want to play this game ;D
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

shbaz

Quote from: ras_maxim on Fri 20/08/2004 01:45:03
I am serious, you are making fun of me
please stop and help me to develop a plot

I think the clay penises and asses should have a disagreement about abortion and start fighting. You play the part of the clay penises and try to make the clay asses see your point of view and resolve the argument peacefully. If that fails, the clay asses will be assulted without mercy by the clay penises.

You know, working inside the mold of the ideas you already have.
Once I killed a man. His name was Mario, I think. His brother Luigi was upset at first, but adamant to continue on the adventure that they started together.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk