Dynamic/Sierra Type Adventures Possible with AGS?

Started by EbbHead87, Sat 21/08/2004 08:17:35

Previous topic - Next topic

EbbHead87

Hi,

I was wondering if I AGS could create a game such as RISE OF THE DRAGON.  I'd like to keep the LucasArts interface -- the commands, that is -- but have RotD's graphic display -- meaning there isn't a character you control; instead the background are from the character's point-of-view.  Is that possible?  How do I go about doing that?  Also, could I use real photographs for the backgrounds and characters?  How would I accomplish that?  Sorry if these questions sound dumb, but I'm new to the AGS engine, and I really want to create a great adventure game.

Thanks,
EbbHead

Sam.

sorry to do this as you did apologise but,
NOT EVEN NEARLY THE RIGHT FORUM!
read the forum manual and then read your ags manual. i would say this is a begginers tech question and should be moved. but bbird gave you the right solution. think before posting
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Mr Jake

3. If you're not a moderator, don't pretend to be one. If a thread needs to be moved or locked, the moderators will deal with it.

auhsor

:P I was thinking the same thing Hotspot. Though I thought it might look like me trying to be a mod, so I didn't.

Anyways EbbHead87, your new so it doen't matter so much, just try and read the stickies, and since your question has already been answered, I think I might shup up now.

Andail

EbbHead, no problems, everybody is entitled to one stupid question as a beginner. But yes, a little skimming through the manual would have solved your problem.

And also, there is a good and a bad way of letting somebody know they made a mistake, so please choose the one that  will cause the least bad blood in the community.
Thank you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk