Mouse Displaying Hotspot Name(SOLVED)

Started by R4L, Wed 25/08/2004 07:18:27

Previous topic - Next topic

R4L

I didn't know where to post this. How do you make a mouse that displays the hotspot like in 7 Day a Skeptic? Instead of making a GUI like in 7 Days, I want to have the hotspot name under all the mouse cursors. Could anyone help me? Thanks.

Mr Jake

you mean a mini status line that follows the mouse? (didnt play 7das)

you need to make a small GUI with a @OVERHOTSPOT@ label and you need to make it follow the mouse by updating its co-ords relative to the mouse in rep_exe, remember that you will have to do something for when it is near the left, right or bottom of the screen if you have it hovering under the mouse otherwise half of the box will be out of the screen or you will get an error.

R4L

In 7 Days a Skeptic, whenever you move the mouse over a hotspot or character, it displays the hotspot/name.

I don't know how to do this, but I want to know.

Mr Jake

put @OVERHOTSPOT@ as the text for a label.

R4L

I did that but there is no way to make it follow the mouse just from the GUI editor. There are four options.
Normal
MouseYPos
Pop-up Model
Persistant

None of these make the GUI follow the mouse.

EDIT: AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I AM SO STUPID!
Hotspot1>Interaction Editor>Mouse moves over hotspot
Hotspot, thanks for helping!

Mr Jake

personally I would just make the GUI follow the mouse but putting something like

SetGUIPosition (X, mouse.x-15, mouse.y);

in Rep_exe, how ever I can see how your way might be better as you dont have to muck around with the edges of the screen (to make sure that the GUI isnt outside of the screen)

R4L

I wish my way was better. I don't know the scripting that would make it follow it. I don't know what would work.

EDIT: I think your way would work, but I don't know where to add the SetGUIPosition (X, mouse.x-15, mouse.y); at.

Mr Jake

if you used your way in 'mouse over hotspot' you could add that line of code,

in my way the code goes in the rep_exe section in the global script

R4L

OKÃ,  I have tried it, but if I move the mouse to any other hotspot, it still displays on the first one.
EDIT: Thanks for helping me in all, but I have decided I won't have the mouse to display the hotspot name. Sorry if this makes you angry in any way(I don't think it will).

Ashen

OK, so I know you've given up on the idea, but I had a go any way:

in the global rep_ex:
  if (GetLocationType (mouse.x, mouse.y) == 0) GUIOff (GUI4); // turns GUI off if there's nothing there
  else {
    SetGUIPosition (GUI4, mouse.x+15, mouse.y);
    GUIOn (GUI4);
  }

Where GUI4 is the mouse-following 'status line', with a text label containing '@OVERHOTSPOT@', wide enough to handle whatever object/hotspot/character names you have.

Might be some use, if you change you mind, or maybe to someone else.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

R4L

Thanks!

Where is the Global rep_ex?
EDIT: Never mind(man I am retarded)

R4L

*Sorry Double Post*

Thanks alot Ashen! It works now! I also thank you hotspot!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk