STAR WARS Shadows of the Empire: Graphic Adventure [HUNTING THE HUNTER video]

Started by Dusk, Fri 03/09/2004 11:58:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusk

bump!
We're alive. Slowly going on, but this time with a little preview to show thanks to BobaFonts: Introducing Tatooine.
Also, we recently reached the 10000 downloads quota, and we are proud of it. We're using a web-application I developed (we called it AGS TRACKER) to do distributed game design while keeping order with the dozens of rooms, items, object, hotspots and the interaction among them, involving actions and phrases.
Automatic script generation for the recurrent actions is in development. I have some topics to discuss on the Tech Forum to develop the Tracker in the best way (I think) it can be done, hoping it will become a useful game-design-tool for all the AGS developers.
We hope to release the AGS tracker around this Christmas.
If you're courious, this is a screenshot of the tracker

Bye!

D.

Mats Berglinn

I noticed that one of the screenshots had a close up on a picture of a Jedi. He really looks a lot like Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan's master. Is it really him?

BobaFonts

Yep  ;D
Qui-Gon is going to make an appearance. That's one of the elements we're incorporating into Shadows' storyline thanks to the Prequels.

ElementalWhite

Hey I can't believe I found someone else interested in making STARWARS adventure games!! I'm a huge fan... Like owning all the movies fan, and the clone wars cartoons, and the various guides, and the paperbacks, and the comic books.... You get the Idea. I should be able to help if you if there is something you don't know about starwars.  (P.S. I have exstensive knowledge of the EU expanded universe.)

Sorry
It's
So
Long.
"The Elemental War is coming..."

Dusk

bump!
SOTE goes on, and this time we decided to update this topic because we thought that some AGS friends would have liked to watch this flash movie that we recently posted in the updates on the game website.

In these hot august days what could be better than watching a planet with ice everywhere and snow falling?  :D

Dusk & DSgames

deadsuperhero

Awesome update! I'm really looking forward to the final product!
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

jedispy

This project looks promising.  I'm actually working on a very similar project.  It's a Shadows of the Empire mod for the action game Star Wars Jedi Academy.  It's awesome to see similar interest in the same topic.

I'm all about artistic liberty (using a lot of it myself in our rendition of the storyline).  I am curious about one thing though.  In the SOTE story, Luke made his lightsaber crystal synthetically on Tatooine, never stopping by Ilum.  Am I correct in assuming that you're going to have him go to Ilum and get a natural crystal rather than synthesizing it?

Good luck on your game.  I am exciting to play the final product.

Dusk

Yes, you're correct :)
The lightsaber construction will be a quite typical adventure game "find and get the needed pieces in various places and then put the whole thing together", and Ilum is the place where you'll have to get a crystal.

I already found your mod-site searching for SOTE stuff, and I was thinking that maybe we could exchange/share some similar work someday.... models etc.
If you're interested we can continue talking about it privately (dsgames@guerrestellari.net).

Good luck with your project too! :)

Iv4n

Hey, since episodic games are so popular today, why not release every finished planet on a separate episode? This way we won't  have to wait sooo long for releasing the full game.

Dusk

Quote from: Iv4n on Tue 19/09/2006 20:27:14
Hey, since episodic games are so popular today, why not release every finished planet on a separate episode? This way we won't  have to wait sooo long for releasing the full game.

Mmm yes, we already decided to divide the game into various parts. But parts aren't bound to planets, it wouldn't have been possible to follow the story, dividing in that way...

By the way, each part is... huge to finish. Sorry :)

D.

Dusk

I've seen messy scripts you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Tatooine.
I watched particle effects glitter in the dark near an Ord Mantell gate.
All those things will be lost in time... like spam in our tagboard... if I don't decide that's time... to... BUMP TOPIC!  :P

(gotta get some sleep)

Jared

Wow, this is the most awesome-looking game I've seen here. If I was confident in anything but writing dialogue and basic scripting I'd offer a hand. As it is, I just look forward to playing it.

Darth Mandarb

Excellent news Dusk!!!

You should keep the old screenshots up (as links) so people can see the progression the game has made!

Keep up the good work!

Redwall

Although I'm not sure inciting comparisons between Blade Runner and Star Wars is the best idea ;), it's always great to hear projects like this are still in progress.
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Jon

This looks great Dusk! I'd be happy to BETA for you if you like.

Dusk

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Fri 08/08/2008 14:36:29
You should keep the old screenshots up (as links) so people can see the progression the game has made!
Mm yes, it's what I did ("tech demo screenshot 1", "tech demo screenshot 2" links)... there's an old "old screenshots removed" at the end of the post but it's not from the yesterday edit, I think it refers to some ooooooooold screenshots that I can't remember of  ???
I can see that's not very clear, I promise to clean up a bit at the next edit :)

Thanks everybody for the feedback  ;D

D.

monkey0506

It's truly wonderful how many people find it important to start their post here, "I'm not a Star Wars geek, okay? I promise! Don't call me one. Please."

This game looks somewhat promising. Please finish it. :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk