Mario's Adventure! Yes MARIO! (the plumber)

Started by Cpt_Jigglypuff, Fri 10/09/2004 09:47:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt_Jigglypuff

I don't know if I've made enough progress for me to be posting just yet, but I wanted to get this idea out there so that I can be encouraged to follow through or encouraged not to.  I've been ripping a bunch of the sprites from some Various Super Mario Brothers titles,  I decided to do this instead of drawing mainly because of my lack of artistic talent.  And also because noone makes makes a better looking Mario than Nintendo themselves!

Enough blabber, here's some screens, I got the iconbar done, I like it personally, I'm considering making it so on mouse-over the icons are in color, but I dunno...

see how I ripped the bushes, egg, etc, but drew some of the background? not too cheezy is it?

This one was the first room I made, ripped the wall and floor from M&L Superstar Saga for the GBA, dunno if I like this background.......

....I'm making more outside right now...developing the plot, making a hatchable yoshi egg (see screen 1)  yay yoshi!

Krazy

I don't know if Mario has enough of a story to make an adventure out of but good luck.
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

Gilbert

Well you can make a story to nearly everything, provided it can interest people into playing it. This point can be strengthened as there was a real Mario RPG released for the SFC.

But then I wish Jigglypuff on his game and getting in the plot. :)

Cpt_Jigglypuff

Thx for the support guys! As for plot, I honestly haven't thought it out...  :-\   But I'm sure something will come to mind, perhaps just the typical princess saving routine?   But right now I'm working on making a Yoshi egg which you hatch and raise the baby yoshi to an adult yoshi, which will probably be a key to opening a passage or door of some sort...hrm, maybe he will reach and grab somethin' w/ his toung or flip a switch on the drawbridge w/ his tounge opening the gate....ooooh see? stuff just comes to mind! hopefully it all comes together neatly. 

I figure I've got a bit of a headstart here, since Mario's such a popular/well-known character.

btw,
How do you make walking images to post on the forums??  I've seen people post walking samples before, I'd like to show off walking Mario  ;D

Krazy

Quote from: Cpt_Jigglypuff on Fri 10/09/2004 10:36:08
Thx for the support guys! As for plot, I honestly haven't thought it out...  :-\   

Oh my god. I'd never start making a game until I'd thought out most of the plot. Then I'd write a game design doc with all the locations, puzzles ect. But good luck improvising.  :P
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

Darth Mandarb

As stated in the FORUM RULES (Please read over them):

===

* ONLY post a topic for your game if the game has been STARTED, you have a clear outline of the story, and you have two screenshots available to show us.

===

Please post an outline of your story (by editing your first post) soon, or this thread will be locked.Ã,  It would have been locked if not for the screenshots.

[ /moderator ]

I like the idea of a Mario Adventure game.Ã,  All the art-work is basically there for you to use (rip) so you can focus more on game mechanics and story.

However, starting without a story/plot is a sure ticket to an incomplete game.Ã,  You REALLY (REALLY) need to take a break from the graphics and such and focus on the story.

"The prettiest game in the world is nothing without a good story."

Secret Fawful

how about this
the return of fawful who tries to bring ganon to the mushroom kingdom

Kinoko

No way (no offense intended, Fawful), make it something that involves classic characters. Maybe...

Mario's land has been taken over by new creatures! He needs to find a way to purge the land of them while saving the old school foes like shy guys and the like.

Or you can regress even further...

Some giant monkey has stolen Mario's girlfriend! He has to make his way to the as-yet uncompleted barrel factory to get her back (Double Dragon style XD).

Or go ...

Mario and his brother Luigi are a pair of plumbers when a plumbing crisis occurs in their town! Spikey turtles and other weird creatures are appearing in everyone's plumbing and they must get to the sourse of the problem and stop it.

Boy, I'm a genius.

I wish you luck, a cute little Mario adventure could be neat. I agree though, you HAVE to get the story finalized before continuing visual work or this is very likely to flop.

Secret Fawful

i don't know
i would do something completely new
maybe wario and waluigi as bad guys
waluigi in a game for once

ghostface

Quote from: Fawfulhasfury on Sun 12/09/2004 17:10:27
i would do something completely new
maybe wario and waluigi as bad guys
waluigi in a game for once
walugi was in mario party...and mario kart...but I agree he should have his own game. If that's what you meant.
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Secret Fawful

fawful, waluigi, ganondorf
would make awesome bad guys for a mario rpg
just think of luigis reaction to ganondorf if he had to face him by himself :o ;D
ganon as a last boss in mario instead of zelda
would be awesome :o ;D

Kinoko

Nooo! Old characters! Classic characters! Bring back Wart! I hate Waluigi and Wario >_<

Secret Fawful

i don't think so
bring back fawful
and bring in ganondorf
although wart in a mario rpg doesn't sound too bad

wyr3x

well, we`ll have to wait to see it ... although it`s a good idea, i really don`t think that mario could have enough story (well, you can make it ) to make an RPG .... well... we`ll have to wait to .... you know ...
waiting for the AG of the century .....

Gilbert

Quote from: wyr3x on Wed 15/09/2004 00:29:10
i really don`t think that mario could have enough story (well, you can make it ) to make an RPG ....

Nonetheless, it's been done already, no matter what it's like.
Quote from: Gilbot V7000a on Fri 10/09/2004 10:25:24
This point can be strengthened as there was a real Mario RPG released for the SFC.

Bernie

So far, there have been 3 Mario RPGs - the already mentioned Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario for the N64 and Super Star Saga for the GBA. They're all really sweet games, too.

darkx5

looks really good where can i download it? IF AT  ALL???
~Raven

Darth Mandarb

From the thread: FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING

DO NOT dig up old threads!!
If you're interested in an old thread about a project don't post asking about the progress.Ã,  Send a PM to the game's author.Ã,  If the project has been cancelled and/or abandoned there's no point in bumping the thread!

--

Granted this was only about 1 month old ... but still, if you have to dig it up from page 3 please PM rather the bump, thanks.

ally_uk

The concept now matter how hard you look at it
just isn't going to work
me being me i would start playing and compare it to the nintendo classics and laugh lol

Darth Mandarb

Ummm ... did you read the last post in here?

I'm guessing not.

If this game is still being worked on let me know (PM) and I'll unlock it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk