CSI-game! (New Screenies!)

Started by TomPel, Sun 12/09/2004 09:08:24

Previous topic - Next topic

TomPel

Heres some screenies from my first game: CSI!

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/CSI_Screenie.gif
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/CSI_Screenie004.gif
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/CSI_Screenie005.gif
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/CSI_Screenie006.gif

You like it? ::)

I thought, that CSI, would be perfect subject to do a game, so this is the result!
Oh! part of the result... ;)
Theres more to come, so why not just wait?! I think... that it would be worth of waiting, trust me!
VERSION 2:
2 new screenies!
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/CSI_Screenie008.gif
http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/CSI_Screenie007.gif

TheHeggy

You've got a pretty good artistic stlye there, I like it.

One suggestion though. Try adding a bit more detail. Trashcans by the club, potted plants in the room, etc. Details make or break a game, no matter how good or fresh the story is :)

Keep up the good work.

TomPel

Ok, heres the story:

Peterson and Warrick are in a case, when peterson sends Warrick to lab
with fingerprints. Suddenly someone shoots Warrick and he gets to hospital! :o
Then Peterson tries to find out, who shot Warrick! The story is quite clear,
but theres yet more to do! 8)

Oliver

Be sure to think very complicated puzzles. Like in the TV show.
I like the screenshots very much  too
You got it!

Coming Soon!

ghostface

Sweet...I loved the Ubisoft games and look forward to your game but have a question...do you have a projected release date?
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

TomPel

No, but i`ll tell you when i know ;)

Ashen

I'm not just saying this to be a smart ass, but:
Who is 'Peterson'? Do you mean Grissom (played by William Peterson), or is it a new character? If it's a new character, you might want to change the sprite, as it looks a lot like Gris. If it is Grissom, however - well done, it looks just like him.
As TheHeggy said, unless these are really early screenies, you need a lot more detail in the backgrounds. Otherwise, it's an interesting style.
Good luck and don't be afraid to take your time developing a nice, detailed story for us. But not too long, as I want to play it.

EDITED EDIT:
ghostface: Yeah, I figured it was meant to be Grissom as well, but I remembered someone a few weeks ago saying they were starting a CSI game starring a new character, and couldn't remember if it was TomPel. I just looked it up, and it wasn't.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

ghostface

I'm not speaking for TomPel, but I would assume that Peterson is Gil Grissom.
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

TomPel

Yeah, Peterson is Grissom! :) I just forgot his name and remembered his
real name... Sorry guys  :(!
Yeah, i try to do my best with the game. Just keep posting, i will
answer questions and all  ;)!

Sam.

i dont wish to be mean in any way but the graphics style does not suit this kind of game. \The whole point of CSI is that you ahve to examine very deatil and find a tiny clue or hint. in your rooms here are one maybe twop objects. not such  a challenge for old gil. i think some practice is i order. the CSI games were quite smoothly pulled off and the show is excellent. you would need to put in some seriuos work in order ot make these game a decent CSI "episode".
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

ghostface

Zooty, I guess you're right, but won't we see what he has in his game? Did you play the ubisoft games? Those were tight.

TomPel

Well... the game is in very early part, so i will put a bunch of new
objects and all...
And for the graphics, i think its good as it is, but hey, its just me!
Hmm... Maybe someone could help me with those guis?
Im not really good at those things!

Nansober

How cool cant wait for it to be done I love CSI  ;D

Sam.

i think you misunderstood me, or i misunderstood me. there is nothing wrong tiwht your graphical style, i meant that they look emtpy. take you "screenie4". just by looking in that room, i can see only three oplaces to interact so i interact with those, that takes me maybe a minute. i have done all i have to do in that room in one minute. th epoint of CSI is that i want to really have to search, not necessarily pixel hunt, but sift through all of the possible evidence and fid what is useful. you need to fill your rooms up with much more stuff, cupboadrs shelves, boxes and stains. as a CSI, i want a challenge, not a cakewalk. and yes, the UBISOFT games were indeed tight.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Mr Flibble

Quote from: TomPel on Sun 12/09/2004 18:40:21
Yeah, Peterson is Grissom! :) I just forgot his name

Um, isn't anyone else worried that Tom here is making a CSI game but he can't even remember the main character's name? I mean, to make a game based on a TV show you'd need to watch that show a lot right?
And after you've seen a show enough times to actually know enough to make a game around it, generally you'd know the names.

That paragraph comprised in a nutshell: Do some research man.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

sergiocornaga

Looks cool! The character sprites have a unique style, but stay true to the characters on the show. Being a big fan of retro-adventure games, I'd suggest a 320x200 or 320x240 resoloution, as the characters are the right size for it and it would be easier to add further detail to the backgrounds if necessary. I really look foward to the final version of this game.

TomPel

Like i said, Im gonna make LOTS of new objects, those screenies were
just a show of my sprites and idea! Im not expecting you to like it, not
yet! ITS NOT READY YET >:(! Its gonna be difficult and all, but you have to wait, till its done! I know lots of you dont like, that im doing the game
about CSI, but i think somebody should, and i think that i could do it :D!

ghostface

Quote from: Mr Flibble on Tue 14/09/2004 23:28:19
Quote from: TomPel on Sun 12/09/2004 18:40:21
Yeah, Peterson is Grissom! :) I just forgot his name

Um, isn't anyone else worried that Tom here is making a CSI game but he can't even remember the main character's name? I mean, to make a game based on a TV show you'd need to watch that show a lot right?
And after you've seen a show enough times to actually know enough to make a game around it, generally you'd know the names.

That paragraph comprised in a nutshell: Do some research man.
I totally agree, Flibble, which is why I think I should volunteer for your game *wrong thread, I know* but I can help out with any CSI stuff you need. If you need the names, I got em'. If you need to know what the first thing a CSI does when they get to a scene, I'll tell you. Just ask for help.

TomPel

Thx ghostface! :D Hmm... Can you help me with doing guis? Im not really
good at those things! :-\ 

ghostface

tom, pm me. Lets not make this a help thread. I'll talk to you there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk