Norbi's quest

Started by placyd, Sat 11/09/2004 09:25:09

Previous topic - Next topic

placyd

Hello! I'm placyd, and I'm from Hungary.
I made Norbi's quest with AGS in 2003 july, and it was my first game.
The game is about one of my friend - Norbi, who is a bassgitar player in a band called Fast forward. He is a very funny guy, so i decided to make an adventure game with him.
It' s a short game, with 6 rooms, and i tried to make easy puzzles.
It has funny ending - worth playing it ;)

You can download it from short games. If you like it please vote, or write a comment.

P.S.: The sequel is finished too, but im translating it just now. So it will be uploaded soon.....

Albert Cuandero

Just downloaded. Thanks for making!

First impression - quite OK! Actually cool!

I like the dialogs + there aren't many games around using geniuine hungarian names. The atmosphere is fine.

Only thing I didn't like is the sudden scaling, the character seems to fall into a hole.

Oh, and I am stuck (of course)

Spoiler
I repayed my dues and figured out I probaby have to clean the toiletts to get my amp repaired (THAT's sadistic PlacydÃ,  :)) Anyway I got the brush and all but can't find the toilett?!?! I thought it would be behind the "master" but I can't go there. Can I also enter the backroom of the music-room - it didn't work for me.
[close]
int do_you_like_me;
if (do_you_like_me == 1) Display ("You can call me Al");
else {}

placyd

Thanx, im glad that you like it :)

The scenes - the room, the street, the club are all existing places. And the master also a living person, like norbi :)
Answer to the sudden scaling - that was my first game and made with AGS 2.4, and i didnt know there is continouos scaling :(

Spoiler
You didnt need to clean the toilet - and you cant go in the club's toilet anyway. You just need to get a pulling off device. The brush is for something else - didnt you notice something in the musicroom?
[close]

and thank you for playingÃ,  ;)

jetxl

Downloading...

Just so other people don't have take trouble to search.

http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=detail&id=445

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Praise be to jetxl! Placyd, I haven't tried the game yet but I was just about to suggest what jetxl just did. Always be sure to add a link to your game.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

ghostface

thanks a lot jet! I wasn't going to go looking for this but now I can play this with serenity!  or something
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

sunshinegold

Quote from: placyd on Sat 11/09/2004 14:26:52
Thanx, I'm glad that you like it :)

The scenes - the room, the street, the club are all existing places. And the master also a living person, like norbi :)
Answer to the sudden scaling - that was my first game and made with AGS 2.4, and i didnt know there is continouos scaling :(

Spoiler
You didnt need to clean the toilet - and you cant go in the club's toilet anyway. You just need to get a pulling off device. The brush is for something else - didnt you notice something in the musicroom?
[close]

and thank you for playingÃ,  ;)

Nice Game.Ã,  but I am stuck here:

Spoiler
Got monthly pass , got money from hat,
Got cigarettes, sold some to punk got 50, paid my dues
Got brush, got knife, got drumstick
Big closet has a lock, cannot open.
Back in room cannot get anything.
No time for reading, no time to play computer, don't need anything in closet.
I don't know what else to do?
[close]

I know it must be a simple, just do......or just use...... but can't see it. :-[

Robert_Kosten

Here's your help, I tried leaving it cryptic...
Spoiler
talk to master, he tells you something he needs fixed before he can take care of your amp. Then think real hard about where you get that from... :) After that you'll have to offer him something in addition, which is quite common...
[close]

A side note:
Fun adventure, but the exit of the club is hell. I restarted the game several times, because I thought it a bug when I couldn't exit the dang thing. If there's a "look_at" hotspot it should "interact" as well, I tend to think...
Eritis sicut deus scientes bonum et malum.

sunshinegold

Quote from: Robert_Kosten on Mon 13/09/2004 00:30:52
Here's your help, I tried leaving it cryptic...
Spoiler
talk to master, he tells you something he needs fixed before he can take care of your amp. Then think real hard about where you get that from... :) After that you'll have to offer him something in addition, which is quite common...
[close]

A side note:
Fun adventure, but the exit of the club is hell. I restarted the game several times, because I thought it a bug when I couldn't exit the dang thing. If there's a "look_at" hotspot it should "interact" as well, I tend to think...

Thank you.  with your hint I have completed the game.   :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk