The Explain your Forum Name here...thread.

Started by Tiki, Tue 14/09/2004 02:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Trent R

Trent Robertson is my real name, but I used to use Sirus Squire as my internet alias. I liked the name and it later became a GURPS character for me. Also, the name 'Sirus' came from the name 'Cyrus' in Chrono Trigger.

~Trent

Quote from: Stan on Mon 20/10/2008 12:41:09
Stan from Stanislav
Eminem's song of the same title.
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

Fedx

Well, my name is Federico, and a company named Fedex... take one letter down and you have it xD
- The gamer doesn't dies... he respawns -

Bulbapuck

I acctually have a story behind my name!  8)

My real name is Jakob but I had a freind who didn't like that name. So he kept coming up with nicknames for me, and one that stuck was Puck.

Years later I had a show with my death metal band. Before the show I drank way too much caffein, and when I got out on stage I got a huge addrenalin rush.
This caused me to start shaking uncontrolably, but my freinds knew what the real reason was. I was evolving into BULBAPUCK

I liked it so much that I decided to use it. It's practcal since nobody else has that name anywhere. If you google it you only find stuff about me. ;)

Hmm, I remember the story to be funnier... guess you had to be there :=

MoodyBlues

Um... my last name is Moody.  And I like the color blue.  And there is also a band called The Moody Blues.

FAIL.
Atapi - A Fantasy Adventure
Now available!: http://www.afwcon.org/

Invalid

well, i love naruto so that explains my name...

GarageGothic

Quote from: xXSasukexXXxUchihaXx on Fri 22/05/2009 00:08:20
well, i love naruto so that explains my name...

Now explain the superfluous X'es  :=

Anian

Quote from: GarageGothic on Fri 22/05/2009 00:57:55
He likes it very much.  :P

Just to keep on topic - as far as I can remember, I was borred with learning latin and then I found there's a dictionary of latin names at the back of the dictionary, so I picked and modernised one of them, Anicius is a roman family and one of them was a general that fought a king from Illirya (where I'm generally from)...so I kinda shortened it and make it sounds like a laser beam...  :P
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Trent R

Quote from: GarageGothic on Fri 22/05/2009 00:57:55
It's roman numerals for his goal of how many posts to make per day.

~Trent
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

NsMn

Well, my Nickname is the first letter of my christian name, then the last letter of it, then the first and the last letter of my surname  ;)

Digital Mosaic Games

Timo.

There once was a boy named Timothy,
He moved to Korea, friends said he looked like a gangster.
Thus, they gave him a random name called Tecyang (which just means gangster for god's sake)
Then, when they realised that he has a quirky hobby of playing point-and-click adventure games,
And liked to go to the Big Blue Cup,
They decided to call him Taeyang (Gangster Fail)

I would like to thank my friends in Korea who gave me this name which I happen to use only in AGS, BBC and in the future, my very own games.
Smile :]

Something13

Lets see... It all started when I was coming up with a name to use for Age of Mythology (maybe?) and I was having trouble thinking of something unique and semi-clever. All I knew is that it had to have "13" in it somewhere because that is my favorite number.

I thought about it for about a week. During this week, whenever anyone would ask me about my name, I would say "I don't know. Its going to be something, followed by the number 13."

After awhile I realized, why not just make my name something13?

And thats how my name came to be ;)
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Atelier

Scarab

Quote from: Dualnames
About you now, is Calin Leafsade your real-life name?
Quote from: Calin Leafshade
Calin Leafshade is indeed my real name.. I was raised by elves.

It's all here

Calin Leafshade

One day i am clearly going to change my name to Calin Leafshade.

and then fight evil.

NsMn

Or you'll get killed by some paranoid Fantasy literature fanboy.

LRH

I used to play an MMORPG and talked to the people I played with on Ventrilo.
My handle (and my actual real-life nickname) is the result of a friend's accidental combination of my name and our buddy Johnathan, since we both had very similar voices and were confused very easily. I said something, and confused as to who was speaking she said: "Domi...John..? Dominic..Johnathan.....Domithan?"

Crimson Wizard

When I was younger I used to use evil guy's name as my nicknames (in games usually), 'cause they had cool names usually. I used "Sheltem" and "Alamar" in many RPG's I played (sometimes to name two heroes in a party) - these were real and pseudo names of the main boss in Might&Magic 4,5. Then, I used "Shadow Weaver" as a forum nickname for a while - it was a name of main boss in the old "Summoning" RPG.

Now, about "crimson wizard".... funnily, although I use this name for only about 4 or 5 years max, I hardly remember the origins... I think it was a silly joke invented a while ago, about "communistic order of wizards" in the fantasy world, who live in the red tower with Lenin's statue on top, or something like that.  :P

Jim Reed

Might as well post here....
Jim Reed is a name a just came up this summer. Nothing fancy, but it kinda sounds cool.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk