The Explain your Forum Name here...thread.

Started by Tiki, Tue 14/09/2004 02:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

SinSin

I was 19 and in a band named Amicus, When I joined nobody really knew me and Anthony is a cack name when your trying to mosh out, So me and the guys while baked out of our trees came up with some names for each other, as my last name is Simpson they thought "Hey I know lets be really creative and call him Cincin and that changed to Sinsin and nowadays they call me Sin or QOLIN as in ... Sin ya Qolin everyone knows that your Shit at lead guitar   Hah Hah 
Currently working on a project!

NsMn

You mean Sinsin's little blue sports car levitating over a round rock?

Danman

My name is Daniel and I am the man. So Danman. Very fancy name.  ;D

ShadeJackrabbit

I wanted a character who was dark, mysterious, and was also a bunny. So... Shade Jackrabbit.

...yeah, it's like if Patrick Stewart was instead named Handsome Englishman.

Wesray

As my real name is riddled with umlauts, I wanted a unique, easy to remember name for forums and games, in particular RPGs. Hello, online name generator! My full online moniker is Wesray Bentoch, but in most places I'm known as Wesray only.
THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

gracenakimurafan

I have played all three Gabriel Knight games and I love the Grace Nakimura character.

Knox

Mst people might think it has to do with the actual "general Henry Knox" from boston...but thats just a really weird ko-inke-dink.

It all started a long time ago when I used to play Swat 3 online with the L*A*P*D team...so much fun! I had to find a name quickly...I liked the character "Knox Overstreet" from Dead Poet's Society...and just stuck a "general" infront of it so it seemed more military-ish...hehe :P

I use knox for many things now.
--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

ShiverMeSideways

Shiver me timbers (affection for pirates) + Fuck me sideways (affection for swearing) = ShiverMeSideways! :D

Patternjake

My forum name derives from when I first got set up on the internet, with a very old AOL account back in the 90s.

At the time I was playing cards, which had a pattern on the back, and obviously the name jake at the end, so hence patternjake was born :P

I've used this name for many of my forum presences ever since :P
If im not coding, im msn. If im not msn, im gaming.

MMMorshew

Morshu is the name of the shopkeeper in those old, ridicoulos Zelda CD-I games. I always liked this character and rewrote his name to "MMMorshew" randomly. I put the three Ms at the beginning of the name because of the way he emphasizes the "Mmmh..." after he told Link that he can`t give credit.

You can watch his cutscene here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8XxuW-Orww

Igor Hardy

Ascovel is a permutation of Velasco, as well as Coseval. Cool, huh?

Also, it's specifically designed to have no connection with my real name whatsoever.

arj0n

At 19-02-2002 (or American style: 02-19-2002) I created an online account using my real name Arjon.
But to make it unique I swapped the o into a zero cause almost no one uses arj0n as username.
Oh my, just a few months left and then my nickname is having it's 10th anniversary!  :D

NickyNyce

NickyNyce.....my name is Nick, and I DJ tech house music and my DJ name is NickyNyce. The Nyce stands for New York City entertainment. My friends were always telling me that's nice ....you draw nice...nice catch in football etc...and they started to call me Nicky nice.

....and NickyNice was born. Once I started to DJ....I changed it to Nyce for New York City entertainment.

Here's to Techno music ( the good kind of techno) anyway...Boom, boom, boom, boom

Bogdan

My real name is Bogdan Stepanovic - my forum name is Bogdan(without my surname). Simple as that.

poc301

Poc301 started out ages ago in the ELiTE BBS scene of the early 90s before the internet as we know it.

Originally my alias/handle was Prince of Chaos (a book in a series I love), but that got very tiresome to type all the time, so I used to abbreviate it to PoC.  Then it morphed to PoC301 since 301 was my telephone area code when I was young.

So here I am, 20 years later, poc301. 

Prince of Chaos by Roger Zelazny info : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Chaos

-Bill

KodiakBehr

poc301

Time to upgrade to an LCD flat-panel monitor, Kodiak.

-Bill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk