The Explain your Forum Name here...thread.

Started by Tiki, Tue 14/09/2004 02:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiki

You read the subject, foo'!  Lets hear some backstories!

As for mine:  There was a 'TikiTikiMan' in an early Crash Bandicoot game, and I just randomly thought of it as a name one day.   I used to spell it with two 'k's, but now use one.  The two 'k's still haunt me daily.  I had used to be called 'RJD' and 'Chicken' (heh, OSC) before being Tiki, or TikiTikiMan.  There have also been numerous numbers in my name, such as TikiTikiMan13.

*Tiki urges people to post their stories*

dasjoe

... it's quite easy being the best.

Domino

I came up with a quick name when joining the forums, it was BuffaloGamer. But i really, really hated it, so i came up with something totally different. It was Dark and it was Night, so i put the two together, and boom... Nothing much better.

rtf

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, a guy named Daniel was born.

12 years later, he was still around. Ã, His friend was like "OMFG U HAV 2 GET AIM!!!11!!!1!" So, he did (by He I mean Daniel).

His first screenname was Guitardude10293. Ã, This was very cliched, and it had a lot of numbers. Ã, So after a while, he decided to find something a bit more unique. Ã, There was a time when he had 3 screen names at once:
Ã,  Ã,  IambronzeQtip
Ã,  Ã,  WeaslesRfuzzy
Ã,  Ã,  releasethefrogs

He decided to go with IambronzeQtip.
But, after about 2 years, he got bored with it. Ã, He decided to change it.

Meanwhile, releasethefrogs was not forgotten. Ã, He decided to use it at an AGS Forum name, as well as spitting out controversial games using that name.

The End

I fail at art.

AGA

AGA stands for AdventureGameAficionado. If you don't know what that means, you're stupid.

dasjoe

... or don't know enough spanish. go to school, punk!
8)

Raggit

I'm not sure but I think this has been done before. Ã,  Maybe this should be added to the popular threads area if it hasn't been already.

Well, the name Raggit was bestowed to me by my father. Ã, It all started several years ago. Ã, It was after I had developed a great love for bunny rabbits. Ã, I soon learned how to mimick the grunting sound they make quite well, and since my real name is Robert I was nicked named Raggit. Ã,  A nice cross between Robert and Rabbit.
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Gilbert

I don't know what that full name of AGA meaned, am I stupid?
Also, no way I'm going back to school anymore (and Spanish was never taught!)

dasjoe

adventure game fan
remove whitespaces if necessary

evenwolf

there was this guy named EvenWolf who had a lame name based on a Pearl Jam song.

Then I killed him.  If he had been a candy bar, he would have been "fun sized"

And I was alot bigger than him.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

| Bass |

There once was a guy named Jon, so he made his name 00jon00 for some odd reason.  Now he goes by BassFisherman, because he's an avid bass fisher :=
For now, this is were I get off...

Previously BassFisherman

Moox

A few years ago when I was into MMORPGS I made some accounts

Well I used to be XBOY1
But then that sounded a bit young
Then I was POSSESSEDBYHELL
Sounded a bit Mental
Then I picked losttraveler
Completely random

Darth Mandarb

In 1991 I read a book called, 'The Eye of the World' by Robert Jordan (I'm sure many of you are familiar with the Wheel of Time series?)

Well my favorite character (at that time) was Lan.Ã,  He rode a jet black stallion by name Mandarb (which means 'blade' in the Old Tongue).Ã,  I just thought it was a cool name.

I started using that name anywhere you had to enter a nickname.Ã,  The first place I REALLY remember using it was as my callsign in the game 'Wing Commander' way back early '90s.

A few years back I started posting on theForce.net's forums and I was so used to using Mandarb that I decided to mix it with something Star Warsian ... so DarthMandarb was born.

That's about the short and skinny of it ...

rodekill

I had to ask a technical question and needed to come up with a name quick, so I chose the name of my game.
Then I got stuck here and I can't escape.

Please help.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

remixor

A friend of mine called me "remixor" one time in jest back in high school, as a sort of leet version of my last name "Remo" alluding to the electronic music I used to create back in those days. Ã, When I needed a new AIM name because my old one had proved way too long and hard for people to remember, I just used the name.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

TerranRich

It was originally TerranRich, a name I have used ever since the childhood of AOL (mid 90's). My dad bought it and said that we each (my sister and I) could choose our own screen name which, he explained, was kind of like a handle on a CB radio. He chose MTkeg, my sister chose I-forgot-what, and I just chose TerranRich, being a Star Trek fan (humans in the mirror universe are called Terrans).

Now it's QuantumRich because I've recently re-discovered my love of Quantum Leap, the show, have started making a game about it, etc., etc. :)

* QuantumRich will now proceed to save rodekill from the bottomless pit that is the AGS Forum.

Alynn

Long ago a young man plays D&D with his friends... he creates a Cleric named Alynn, and rolls to see if he has any wild magic abilities... he does.... his eyes glow, yellow of all colors... It lets him as a human see in darkness as if it is daylight.... he also gets a -4cha modifier to all human races (-3 for magical races).... Alynn the Yellow Eyed was born... Hense the Yellow Eyed Studios Logo I go by now (still working out the kinks in the Logo... keep an eye on critics corner)...

Later comes MUD... in which I make another Priest with yellow eyes... he is a pervert... and a skeery forum moderator (not here though)

My friend did a photoshop portrait of Alynn.... See below.... ain't he cute!

MrColossal

"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Raider

Well once upon a time I played a N64 game called perfect dark. I used to be psycho at it and be really good and I needed a gaming name. I always played capture the case (CTF) and I never EVER defended. So randomly I sat there and said wow I raid their bases a lot. Tada! But cos the game was called Perfect Dark I made me: DARK RAIDER. I stopped playing PD because a magical game called Halo was born. I removed the dark and then.....Raider.

- Raider

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk