The Explain your Forum Name here...thread.

Started by Tiki, Tue 14/09/2004 02:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

TerranRich

Dammit, eric, I always thought you were a girl, going by your avatar and all. Now I will have to go to therapy to deal with this month-long crush I've had for you. Oh...my heart...

Raider

Yeah collossal your pic is really nice  ::)

- Raider

DragonRose

I like dragons.
I like roses.

DragonRose.  Tada!

On the EZ-Board forum I was Roseofthedragon because Dragonrose was taken.  But that was a royal pain in the neck to type out. When Dragonrose is taken I now use my amazing Latin skillz and use Rosa Draconum.

Rodekill: There is no help for you. We're all in this together! Bwahahaha!
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Duzz

I was first called 'Duzz' about 10 years ago.Ã,  I had fuzzy hair back then, so David + Fuzz = Duzz.Ã,  Anyway, the name stuck, and all my friends have since known me as Duzz.
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Al_Ninio

I had a band, and for some reason it was called Highway.
I had a body, and for some reason my parents named it Gal.
I did the ol' point and click 'combine', thus creating Highwaygal.
The nickname will probably be changed soon , though, because I absolutely hate it.

[Cameron]

I was making a movie with my friends, I had all the jobs so i changed the directors credits to Alec Whitechurch. Alec is a variation on my middle name Aled, and Whitechapel was the district of the Jack the Ripper murders.

Privateer Puddin'

Well, custard comes from the cartoon, Dangermouse, with a character called custard mite of glutt
privateer puddin' comes from the genius that is DS, on last years talk like a pirate day

Nacho

From the X-wing game...

Keyan Farlander...

QuoteKeyan Farlander grew up on Agamar, and was indifferent to the ways of the galactic government until Mon Mothma came to the planet to gain underground support for the Alliance. Farlander received a copy of the A Call to Reason pamphlet, and it turned his mind to the Alliance. He joined up, and decided the he wanted to be a starfighter pilot. As an untrained Alliance starpilot on his first mission, Keyan helped recover important Imperial documents by disabling the Imperial shuttle Talon near Turkana. He proved his incredible piloting skills there as well, and went on to become one of the Alliance's premier pilots. He was instrumental in raids on a number of Imperial outposts, and was part of the team that fled to Yavin 4 to prepare for battle against the Death Star. While
on Yavin 4, Keyan helped familiarize Luke Skywalker on the controls of the X-wing. Farlander flew the Y-wing that leaves the Death Star with Luke, Wedge, and the Millennium Falcon.

Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Ishmael

My username, used to be my screenname, is just my initials. This current one came up - after I had heard it in several places - from a Sonata Arctica song, where it says "'I never saw anything so white', Call me Ishmael if it ain't a lie". I really like that song, so I just picked the name. I don't remember much of it, I just started using it...

My IRC nick is another story... People are always confused a bit when I come up with a new one... Heh... "Now I'm going to whois you :P"
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Mr Jake

Hotshot came from a man I thought up on the spot for Combat Flight Sim. Then when I joined #ags everyone started calling me Hotspot anyway :P so I changed it, and in #ags the 16 came from I used to used **111 everytime the name I wanted (the **) was already taken, but in IRC I was too lazy to type the extra 1, so I ended up as Hotshot11, and everyone thought I was 11 -_-;

Isegrim

Quite a long time ago, I started to play Quake over LAN with some of my friends, making it necessary to find a nick. At first I had nicks like Metalizer, Harvester_of_Souls, Reaper_Man etc. (See a pattern there?)
I didn't like any of them much, so I had a new nick about every two weeks.
One day I woke up and had the word "Isegrim" in my mind... (Happens quite often with me: I wake up and have the solution to a problem I haven't thought about for some time... Anyone else share this phenomenon?)
Anyway, some time after I discovered the band "Finntroll", and on one of the bandshirts there is a troll depicted that looks quite like me...
I found that I sometimes DO feel like a troll and that Isegrim is a rather nifty name for a troll.
And so it stuck...

(Btw. Isegrim is the name of the wolf in german fables...)
This post was generated automatically and therefore bears no signature.

Babar

At one time I was spending an inordinate amount of time at a gaming cafe playing CS (a FP....I mean adventure gameÃ,  := ) with my friends. Finding I had need for a nickname, I used what I was called by the said friends. Babloo was in reference to my large mass. Babloyi was born. When I rediscovered AGS and signed up with that name. Later on, after suffering appendicitus and numerous illnesses that all came in succession, my impressively massive frame was reduced to a shadow of it's former self. Realising that I could no longer honour the Babloyi, I decided that it was time to change, and I took the boring path, and chose my own name Babar.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Pet Terry

My brother's name was first going to be Petteri, but then my parents thought not. So when I was born, they thought my name will be Petteri. Petteri is my first name.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Dart

Using that handy dandy forum-search tool, I found these two topics that dealt with one explaining their forum name:

Why do you have the name you have? thread
http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?topic=11505.0

what's your nickname? thread
http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?topic=5738.0

Anyway, my forum name is Dart because it was my boyfriend signficant other's childhood nickname. He was christened Dart by his schoolmates because he would always play with his dartboard, and would menacingly throw darts at people he knew (and some at people he didn't). Dart still is his nickname, but I liked it so much that I "borrowed" it from him.

If it wasn't for him, my forum name would probably be Dagger, named after my cat.

EDIT: Thanks for reminding me, Hotty.

Mr Jake

Boy friend? you mean significant other?

sedriss

I saw a Starwars comicbook in a store a couple of years ago, and decided to buy it.
There was some evil sith guy in it called "Executor Sedriss". Sooo.. i figured it sounded cool.
By the time you read this you've already read it.

Kinoko

My old nickname everywhere used to be Katt (as my current webpage is still named after) because my favourite game was Breath of Fire II on the SNES and Katt was the coolest character ever (I'm also mad about cats). That name, I soon discovered, is used EVERYWHERE so after a few years I gave it up and chose Kinoko. That means "mushroom" in Japanese, it's cute, I like mushrooms, and it less common than "Katt".

Esseb

auhsor

Mine is my first name written backwards with the 'J' upsidedown. I used to just have my username as josh, but it was boring, so I decided I needed a sorta nickname. Somehow I came up with auhsor, and it wsn't to bad, so I stuck with it.

Ali

Ali is an easy-to-type and non-gender-specific abbreviation of my less-easy-to-type and gender-specific forename Alasdair.

Quote from: Raggit on Tue 14/09/2004 02:58:10
I'm not sure but I think this has been done before. Ã,  Maybe this should be added to the popular threads area if it hasn't been already.

I remember there being a thread like this a while ago, and I second that suggestion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk