The Explain your Forum Name here...thread.

Started by Tiki, Tue 14/09/2004 02:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

straydogstrut

It's the name of the second episode of my favourite anime series, Cowboy Bebop ;D

It's also a reference to the song "stray cat strut" apparently but that's wasted on me..

It's quite a new nickname for me: Previously I went under the handles rockyrobin1983, garfield and the only real life nickname i've been gifted: rambo.

My blog used to be called Sympathy for the Devil (another CB reference and the Guns N' Roses song) but it also become Stray Dog Strut and I decided to stick with it when I joined the AGS forums.

Oh and the cheeky little chappie in my profile pic is my (sadly now passed away) dog Rocky :)

Gurok

My username is similar to a rebus. Just say it as it sounds:

Gee, you are okay.

I was 13 when I made it up, and there was originally a "Ricic" preceding it. RicicGurok was good enough for Yahoo! Chat on a 14.4K modem, back in '97 or so.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

CrashPL

Crash, because that's my nickname, and PL, as I'm from Poland (and I believe the username 'Crash' was already taken here), 'nuff said.

As for nickname 'Crash' alone - it was around 97 or 98, while using my super duper dial-up I had to register somewhere and type a username. I had no idea what to put there, but since I was playing Crash Bandicoot at the time, I decided to just type 'Crash'. And that's how it came to be, used this nickname ever since.

Amayirot Akago

It's Japanese for "you are a massive weeaboo".

More to the point, Amayirot is Toriyama spelled backwards, as in Akira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball. Akago is some mangled Japanese meaning "Red Five", Luke Skywalker's pilot callsign.
Quote from: CaptainDMy suspicion is that an accident, probably caused by a lightning storm and a mad professor, resulted in Amayirot's brain becoming inextricably linked to the databases behind MobyGames and LemonAmiga.

Danvzare

It's the name of a fictional character I wrote about in a short story, over fifteen years ago.
It was a crappy story about a powerful (or over-powered if you prefer) wizard, who lets himself get executed because people are scared of him. Secretly though he fakes his death and lives out his life as a hermit.
I'm not sure how I made his name, I think I put it together at random.

When I got onto the internet for the first time roughly a decade ago, I had to come up with a username for my accounts, since I knew not to use my real name. And the first name that came to mind was that name of that character from that short story. It was especially useful, since no one else on the internet uses this name, anywhere. Except me. DanVzare is pretty damn useful as a unique username.

Although now I kind of wish I had called that character MaxVzare, because as it turns out, some people actually think my name is Dan. And I'm actually not very fond of the name Dan.
Even when giving myself a name, I can't seem to get the name I like most. (laugh)

gameboy

I always misread your name as DanzVare instead of DanVzare.

VampireWombat

My name is a horrible pun of vampire bat.

Mandle

Mine also comes from having to come up with a username around 1998 or so:

I was heavily into Chaos Theory at the time and so I chose the name "Mandlebrot", which I misspelled obviously...

This got shortened to just "Mandle"...

The misspelling was a good thing though otherwise I'd be "Mandel" which has political overtones as well as just being a regular name in common useage, and it would be a bitch using it as a unique name anywhere...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk