The Enchanted Archipelago

Started by Pft!, Wed 15/09/2004 21:05:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Pft!

Well guys another project comes to life!  8) :o 8)

The Enchanted Archipelago is about a member of the great ship the balck pearl, and his crew gets captured and some mighty cursed pirates come after you. Why you will have ti find out!
I really need a cartoon style artist, Im sure there are many around here.  8)
No complex backgrounds just semi-well detailed. Please I ever need some help, I've got a writer and a good programmer on board. So all we need is your artwork!

Thanks ever so much and replay as soon as possible if you want to join.

Darth Mandarb

Posts asking for help belong in the ACR Thread at the top of this forum.

Also, are you deliberately using the ship from Pirates of the Carribean?

Pft!

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Wed 15/09/2004 21:11:52
Posts asking for help belong in the ACR Thread at the top of this forum.

Also, are you deliberately using the ship from Pirates of the Carribean?

Its a fun fact or spoof whatever you want to call it.Ã,  8)

Scummbuddy

Quote from: SQ4.5 on Wed 15/09/2004 21:05:39
of the great ship the balck pearl,
Darth, you didn't read, The Balck Pearl has nothing to do with the Black Pearl.  ;)

While you are waiting for the artist, I suggest you go ahead and make the skeleton game (bare bones puzzles and graphics) and release it as a sort of demo. That will generate interest in the game and plot, and hopefully draw more attention towards artists wanting to be a part of your group.

Not to single you out, but it goes with everyone on the board asking for an artist. Yes, we do have some fantastic artists here. Seriously, some that I would follow their everyday work in real-life in. But if they wanted to get hired by a company, they would have to give an art resume, and that company would have to be something big to draw those artists. They have money to throw at the artist which not many of us here are willing to do. But they also come with connections and such, just being affiliated with that company can do both the company and the artist good. So basically what I am saying, is that you game creators that are afraid that using MS Paint, which I have seen to give some amazing art, will make your game bad, need to go ahead and make a name for yourself, and then the artists may come.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Pft!

QuoteBalck

Thats apart of the spoof.  8)
Well I can make very very simple cartoon style art work, and I've been working and still am on puzzles and the plot. So yeah, all I need is an artist. But sure I'll make a small demo.  :o Wish me luck.  :-[

Andail

From the rules (By Mods):
"NEW RULE!
I am implementing a brand new rule. ONLY post a topic asking for team members for a game if you include one or more of the following; screenshots, example of your work, storyline/synopsis of the game, music etc.

Otherwise, use the Classified (ACR) thread if you do not have anything to show just yet.

FAILURE TO DO THIS WILL RESULT IN YOUR THREAD BEING DELETED WITHOUT WARNING. Keep our forum tidy. And don't be such a n00b!"

You made a cardinal mistake here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk