Dragon Tales

Started by BorisZ, Sat 18/09/2004 10:00:29

Previous topic - Next topic

BorisZ

Here is my new game, made for september MAGS competition:

http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?action=detail&id=447

screenshot:

I don't get it either. A hint would be really nice...

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Think about the images, and what they represent.

Spoiler
And think of it as a word game.
[close]
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

BorisZ

I didn't think that would be so hard.
IMPORTANT!: read this only if redruM's hint didn't help you

Spoiler

each image represents a letter
[close]

cooler220

I need help with the riddle what do u have to do the hints r to complicated

Ashen

cooler220:
Little hint:
Spoiler
You need to spell out the answer to the riddle using the pictures.
[close]

Bigger hint:
Spoiler
The answer is 'NIGHT'
[close]

Answer (only read if you have to):
Spoiler
Click: Needle (2nd picture, bottom row), Island (last picture, top row), Grass (middle picture, top row), Horse (4th picture, top row), Tower (4th picture, bottom row)
[close]

Good game so far, I've just gotten into the dungeon. I'm not totally sure how I got past the Dungeon riddle, though - I had an idea which didn't work, then I just randomly hit buttons and that did.
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

BorisZ

I realy didn't know that dragon cave riddle would be so complicated to solve.
By the way, is background music working?

Sinitrena

QuoteGood game so far, I've just gotten into the dungeon. I'm not totally sure how I got past the Dungeon riddle, though - I had an idea which didn't work, then I just randomly hit buttons and that did.
You mean the compass riddle, don't you? Well, if you are interessted what the answer is
Spoiler
the answer is "news" speelled out of the first letters of north, east, west, south.
[close]

Boris, it's  areally nice game and your little dragon's such a sweet creature (sp). I especially liked your cursor graphics. They are really good drawn. I thought the puzzels where a little bit easy. I figured them out very fast, but nevertheless it's a great game. The only puzzle I had difficulties with was the dragon cave riddle.
Spoiler
I knew at once what the answer is and after a few seconds I knew that I had to use the pictures to spell it. The problem was that I didn't realised that the grass is grass. First I thought it's a forest so it took some time to find out how to spell night without a "g". Perhaps it's just me who didn't know what grass looks like ;)
[close]

BorisZ

Quote from: Sinitrena on Sat 18/09/2004 19:47:59
I thought the puzzels where a little bit easy. I figured them out very fast, but nevertheless it's a great game. The only puzzle I had difficulties with was the dragon cave riddle.

Thanks. I really didn't want to make a difficult game, because, I am so ashamed to say that, I am worst adventure game player ever. I don't know why, but I allways get stuck somewhere, and I have finished only 2 (professional) adventure games (you can guess what 2), so I didn't want other people to feel bad about themselves like I do when reading walktroughs.

Ashen

Sinitrena:
QuoteYou mean the compass riddle, don't you?
Yup, that's the one, and that was the way I tried to solve it, but it didn't seem to work for me untill I randomly hit buttons. Strangely, when I restarted the game (just to try that puzzle again) it worked fine.

Oh, and BorisZ:
Spoiler
Did you get the gravestone puzzle from the old Hitchhiker's Guide text game, or is it just a coincidence? (If you don't know which game I mean, it obviously is a concidence. Sorry)
[close]
The background music works fine, and fits nicely (so much so that I just had to load the game up to check if there was any!).
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

BorisZ

Quote from: Ashen on Sat 18/09/2004 20:06:44
Oh, and BorisZ:
Spoiler
Did you get the gravestone puzzle from the old Hitchhiker's Guide text game, or is it just a coincidence? (If you don't know which game I mean, it obviously is a concidence. Sorry)
[close]
I heard about this game and about the book too, but I didn't play it (also didn't read the book), so it is a coincidence.
Thanks for the compliments, all of you!

Hamelkart

Very good BorisZ! Excellent, as a matter of fact!
Nastavi s dobrim radom!

Damien

Cool game Boris, I enjoyed it.

Gord10

I've just finished it. Nice game :) But there weren't enough background musics. My favourite part of the game was when we fight the evil mage, the replies we gave were really funny.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

BorisZ

Quote from: CoolBlue-Gord10 on Mon 20/09/2004 15:52:37
I've just finished it. Nice game :) But there weren't enough background musics. My favourite part of the game was when we fight the evil mage, the replies we gave were really funny.

What do you mean? Every area has it's own background music (even the chapter titles).

jane

Loved this game - great puzzles!

Kediri

Just finished this great game. Loved the puzzles!  ;D
Was wondering what these various inventory items were for?
Spoiler
bell, gargoyle, telescope and mask
[close]
I noticed that the satyr looked rather similar to Tony Blair (UK prime minister), was that deliberate!!!  ;D

BorisZ

Quote from: Kediri on Tue 21/09/2004 22:06:58
Was wondering what these various inventory items were for?
I noticed that the satyr looked rather similar to Tony Blair (UK prime minister), was that deliberate!!!Ã,  ;D
1. Just to confuse.
2. No, but now that you mentioned...  :D

Bettie

How did you get past the gnome to go to the wizard?

BorisZ

Quote from: Bettie on Wed 22/09/2004 18:57:40
How did you get past the gnome to go to the wizard?

Spoiler

Use potion with book (or vice-versa) to find out what kind of potion it is, and then use it on dragon (only when you are in the same room as gnome. Now you are invissible and you can pass!
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk