Great Game!!!!

Started by poop743, Sun 19/09/2004 20:30:45

Previous topic - Next topic

poop743

I recently finished my first AGS game. It isnt great but  i am only 13 years old.  Is there a way to post it? I didn't put it on a website yet. Can I just somehow put the file in a thread or something? Anyway, the game is called Dirk's Adventure. Somehow i dont even know how to get a screen shot up. It wont let me copy and paste. I will tell u if i get it up

wyr3x

hi there. you can upload your game at www.frewebs.com , or look for another free hosting. As i have to do it, i tell you that you must post something, so, please, read the forum rules here
        http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?topic=14373.0

ok, once you upload your game, and you read the rules, you can post.
waiting for the AG of the century .....

sergiocornaga

Edwin Xie

Wait........Why did you post in here when you don't really have a game to show? I'm not acting like a moderator but just something is wrong with this thread. If you have a problem with posting a screenshot, you can just type
(img)Image Url(/img) replace the '(' and ')' with '[' and ']'. And as wyr3x said you can upload your game at www.freewebs.com. Anyway, if you have a problem with something similar, just post it in General Discussions forum. And read the rules in every forum. You'll then see how things work in here.
Moving at superhigh speed getting to the planet called Earth. But it is boxed in white......thing.....

Janik

Seems like he did have a game to show but didn't know how to show it.
Play pen and paper D&D? Then try DM Genie - software for Dungeons and Dragons!

Moox

Edwin, I find your post quite hypocrytical. Mind changing the title poop?

Steve

Sorry thanx for the help but it doesnt work. It says that I can only upload a file up to 750k and that i cant upload .exe files either, until i hav had my account with them for 7 days

Darth Mandarb

poop - Have you read over the threads (scattered throughout these boards) about how to upload and where?Ã,  They're as detailed as any explanation you're going to get from somebody in this post.Ã,  Please review them, if you haven't already.

At the top of the forums theres a link that says; Help which will take you to a page that will answer most questions about how to post screenshots (the code).Ã,  It's very in depth and should answer all your 'forum how to' questions.

Also, I know the rules in this board don't say it, but is the title of your game actually "Great Game!!!"?Ã,  You really should use the actual title of the game in the thread's subject.Ã,  If you don't have an actual title for the game ... is it really a full, completed game?

I know it's exciting, and that you want people to know about your game.Ã,  But why would you start a thread telling folks about it when there's nothing for them to see or download?Ã,  It's like telling a starving man about what you had for lunch ... doesn't do anybody any good.

So ... take a deep breath, do some reading up on the how-to's and then post a link to a site we can download the 'Great Game!!!' from :)

GarageGothic

And also, isn't it slightly misleading to call the thread "Great Game" when you yourself admit that "It isnt great"?  :P

Pumaman

Read Darth's advice, for it is wise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk