Bob Smith in The Mystery Case

Started by CoffeeBob, Wed 25/05/2005 17:38:13

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeBob

Hello everyone! I know my MAGS-game, Bob Smith in The Unsolved Case of Mystery wasn't really good. At all. So, I'm remaking the whole game into hi-res SVGA.
Here are a few pictures from the game (please note that these pictures are taken in early state of progress, so the backgrounds and especially the characters might change in the final version):

The title screen. Nothing too special, but it works.

And here we have Bob at the beach. And *gasp* the new GUI!
There's not much made on the game yet. But here are some planned features:
* More puzzles
* 8-direction sprites
* Better sounds
* Original music
* Voice actors
* Custom Save, Load and Exit screens
I was thinking about doing the voice for the narrator myself, but I need people for the other characters. So, if there's any good voice actor that's free from work at the moment or if he/she can do voices for my game as well, please contact me through this thread or through PM. Here's some info about the characters for those who are intrested in doing voices:
Bob Smith: American accent, a tiny bit dark (voice)
Officer Storm: American-spanish accent, normal light-/darkiness
Zachary: Jamaican accent, late teenage-voice
Lieutenant Laffer: British accent, half-dark
Matt: American accent, normal light-/darkiness
Officer Lily: American accent, woman in her mid 20's
That's all for now, there'll hopefully be more info in a week or so.

Abisso

For a moment I thought this to be another of those "Bob!" games announced so often in the last month! (The ones always locked by Dart, eheheh!)

Luckily, this is a real game.

Your idea, anyway, must involve some serious improvements in the storyline and puzzles, otherwise you don't really need to upgrade your game.
But just my opinion, though.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

Ishmael

Looks nice, I'll be looking forwards to playing this :) I like police themed games......

Quote from: Abisso on Thu 26/05/2005 09:14:45
(The ones always locked by Dart, eheheh!)

That was DARTH. Dart ain't locking no threads, she's not a moderator, atleast not here.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Mozesh

Looks good, I played the original game.
But like Abisso said you do need to improve it more than just the graphics & sounds.
By the way if you need a voice actor just PM me.

Ishmael

Hmm.. Is the third cursor mode "Break"? Because the GUI button looks like a warhammer of sorts to me :=
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Abisso

QuoteHmm.. Is the third cursor mode "Break"? Because the GUI button looks like a warhammer of sorts to me

Yeah, and is the fifth one "throw cans in the air"?

Mozesh

Quote from: Ishmael on Thu 26/05/2005 09:33:55
Hmm.. Is the third cursor mode "Break"? Because the GUI button looks like a warhammer of sorts to me :=
Lol.
No it isn't a war hammer. It's a judge's hammer, so he can condemn people right on the spot!.......or hit people if he doesn't like them :P

CoffeeBob

I thought having a hammer for interaction-icon was a good idea. :P

And, yes, I have plans to evolve the puzzles. And to add more puzzles, of course. There really wasn't any puzzles at all in the original.

And, no, it is not a 'throw cans in the air'-icon, it's the inventory-icon. ;)

Haddas

But certainly, the right-most button must be.. THE MYSTERY BUTTON!!! ...right?

Abisso

T'would not be a mistery anymore, if he told us, right Haddas?

Anyway, now that I notice, I also suggest (but probably you are planning this too) to change the graphics of the man and the car to fit the BG (or vice-versa, improving the man and car, and downgrade the quality of the BG a bit).

CoffeeBob

Quote from: Abisso on Thu 26/05/2005 11:57:35
T'would not be a mistery anymore, if he told us, right Haddas?

Anyway, now that I notice, I also suggest (but probably you are planning this too) to change the graphics of the man and the car to fit the BG (or vice-versa, improving the man and car, and downgrade the quality of the BG a bit).
Yes, I am going to do that. I'm getting help with the characters and I will change the car's shading.

CoffeeBob

Take a look at this new super-cool 3d background! OMFGLOL!

Nah, just kidding. It's not a real scene, just something I made in TerraGen and then tested using it in an AGS game. ;)
But here's the scene of crime with a few changes:

Changes:
Bob Smith in Darth-style (thanks for helping out, Darth)
Car now has colored outlines instead of all black ones.
What needs to be changed:
Car needs to be resized.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk