Flaccid Carnage

Started by Phemar, Thu 23/09/2004 16:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Phemar

Hooray for totally abstract titles.

I've been erming and ahing over what would be a good time to post a GIP thread. And I came across today. Today was significantly important because school had been let out for a measly one week holiday. Anyway, after all my off-topic rambling you'll probably find out more about the game. That is if you want to know about my latest game. Do you? Then carry on reading. Unless you don't. In which case just press the back buton on your browser. Now.

Thank you for wanting to know more... And you shall be rewarded because of your generosity/curiosity. You shall be rewarded knowledge. Knowledge of a power, knowledge of a game, a game that is to be Zor's latest production until his next production.

Storyline:

You play Mark. Or guide Mark. Or pretend to be a pile of pixels which simultaneously change color to give the effect of animation, and/or gameplay.
Mark is a graphics designer for a well-reputed software company. A company which can't afford to let their employees slack off. A company which finds it imperative that you arrive on time everyday.
For some unknown reason, Mark winds up being late. He winds up being 'sacked'.
That and being teleported to a faraway prison cell. What a day.
Later he finds out that some mad scientist dude is in dire need of his help, his help to save the planet. Save the planet from a power so great that it will wipe out the entire human civilisation. Just for the hell of it.
Of course Mark doesn't believe a word of it, and soon escapes to seek his fortune in a nearby town.

Screenshots:

Specs:

256 color
320x200 Res
LEC VerbBox style gameplay.
(hopefully) Comedy.

Production:

Artwork
Characters: ??? Not decided upon yet.
10/25 Backgrounds.
13/20 Inventory.

Coding
4/25 Rooms fully coded.
4/25 Rooms partially coded.
All GUI coding done.

Proudly brought to you by ZorTech.

PS: Don't forget to visit the forums: ZorTech Forums

Vaz

Looks promising, and the latter screenies look better than the first 2, IMO.

Planned a release date already? Hey, you told us there's a new WIP game of yours, we want to know when it's finished, NOW!  ;D

Phemar

Well... I've been working on it for about 4 weeks now, (excluding setting up the GUI) and I'd say I'm about 1/3 of the way through... that leaves 2/3 left, so 2*4=8, 8 weeks from now would be 23 october, add 2 weeks for good luck and I say I'll probably have it done by 14 November.

Due Date (but don't expect anything, I have trouble with these things.): 14 Nov.

Chicky

Looks lovely Zor, i really like the use of colours and each background has a really interesting perspective.

Bijulinus

Looks nice but...
why do you speak about an abstract title?
"flaccid" is not abstract!
I'm too lazy at the moment to find a good signature.

Phemar

Quote from: Bijulinus on Thu 23/09/2004 19:29:52
Looks nice but...
why do you speak about an abstract title?
"flaccid" is not abstract!
Abstract in the way that it doesn't really have anything to do with the game. Like the game is not about floppy destruction.

Quote from: chicken on Thu 23/09/2004 17:54:24
Looks lovely Zor, i really like the use of colours and each background has a really interesting perspective.
Thanks Chicken. This time I tried to develop my own style, something that I could kind of trademark as my own, instead of just copying everything I see.

Darth Mandarb

This looks pretty darn interesting!

It's good to see so many good looking games being worked on lately!

Keep it up!

Phemar

rtf

This game looks really promising.  I especially like the background art and the GUI.

Will there be any music in the game?
I fail at art.

Phemar

Of course RTF, you should know, ;)

Oh btw to all who don't know, the title theme was composed by our very own RTF!

Bartimaeus

I'm glad to see this project is going so well.

What was the due date again?
14 November... 2004?

Hehe.
;)
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

Darth Mandarb

GOOD SWEET LORD!!!!!

From the FORUM RULES:

DO NOT dig up old threads!!
If you're interested in an old thread about a project don't post asking about the progress.  Send a PM to the game's author.  If the project has been cancelled and/or abandoned there's no point in bumping the thread!

Zor - if you're still working on this game PM me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk