"Pouvoir"

Started by deathandirony, Thu 23/09/2004 19:43:21

Previous topic - Next topic

deathandirony

This is a game I made. It probably makes some kind of statement about greed and corruption, but I haven't figured it out yet. I would list the features, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any. I'll give you a screenshot and then be on my merry way. I hope you enjoy it, I really did put some time and work into this one.

Download: (let's hope it works)
http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Hosted/Game/Pouvoir.zip

P.S. Please try to avoid picking on the main character's unusual fashion style to his face, he's a tad sensitive.

Pft!

I love the graphics style. Good job!  8)

Artphreak555

I am still very early in the game, but here is my critique thus far:

Here are a few issues i noticed:
-The large cursor with just one action (left clicking)was difficult to get used to, and the hotspots (in the first room anyway) are far away from the actual item which made interaction rather difficult.
-If there is a window on the side of the building, why isn't in the room?

What i Liked:
-I liked the graphics, you have a cool style
-I liked the characters, they are rough around the edges like real people

Robert_Kosten

Hi, good-looking game :-)

I' stuck though:
Spoiler
The guy always kills me, when I go around the corner and I can't reenter the room. What am I supposed to do?
[close]
Eritis sicut deus scientes bonum et malum.

Artphreak555

I am stuck there too, hence my short critique of the first room. Can anyone help?

deathandirony

Oh.

Did I say game?

I meant short game. With abrupt ending.

Sorry about that little misunderstanding!

Robert_Kosten

I had that feeling coming up... :P
I sure hope you'll expand a little... Otherwise that's a hell of a lot of introduction for two rooms... :-\
Eritis sicut deus scientes bonum et malum.

deathandirony

In a way, that was almost kind of the point.

Cyberion

btw next time, when you are making the game, do not make music files to be 7mb more than your actual game :(

I mean your game is only 1,5mb, but your music files are ~8mb... this is really, really bad. Use midi files instead or at least use mp3 compressor.

I compressed 5mb mp3 file into 300k file and i made it with the way so you won't hear any or a very little difference. Next time take it into consideration. I spent 20 minuets downloading your game to find out that 8 out of 9 mb are the music files :(

Do not take as an insult, but as the advise for the future ;)

Pft!

How do you make mp3 into midi? And what about OGG?

BorisZ

As many times is stated before, you can't make mp3 into midi. Here are the reasons: Midi files are sheet music and they are played by internal PC keyboard (instrument) and they sound different on every PC. And mp3 (WAV and OGG...) are real sound files that sound the same on any PC. But most of music creation programs can export their files to midi - that is what was ment when stated "you better use midi files".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk