Experimental style.

Started by Developer, Thu 21/10/2004 16:06:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Developer

<image removed>

I wanted to start working a game in this style but I would like help to improve it before I start making tons. Paint overs and suggestions are very welcome.Ã,  8)

Babar

the main problem I see is that it does not seem to have any depth. The doors seem very flat. Maybe if you slowed down on the gradients, and tried shading manually according to the light source, it would look better. Also, you may want to animate the water, or it would look very odd.
*EDIT*
Yikes! I did not mean to come of harshly. Keep at it. It does not take all that much work to make a presentable BG. Your BG was A LOT better than many firsts I have seen here. Don't give up so easily.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Developer

I'm not really cut our for this.

<Can a mod lock this thread?>

Darth Mandarb

What kind of attitude is that?

Relink the image and let us help you ... it's what this lounge is for.

Developer

No, I should stick to writing and programming. Thanks anyway.

fovmester

Come on! Don't give up! We all have to start somewhere! I never got to see your image, but I'm certain it wasn't that bad. If you think you suck at drawing but want to learn then this forum is just the place. Relink that image and we can help you improve it and your skills!

We're all here to help, you know.

Bastos

I must agree, nobody opens up his favorite drawings software and start creating high-quality images.... it's a process which takes time, but using this forum, you will be able to use tips & hints from other people.....

Andail

If you can't handle c&c, don't waste people's time (like Babar's) asking for it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk