Smiley's Quest!

Started by Babar, Mon 22/09/2008 17:11:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Babar

Yay! The first thread I've started in the Completed Games Forum!

I'd like to introduce you all to.....

THE MOST AWESOME GAME EVAAR! This most awesome game traces it's history back to my beginnings at yabb. The earliest sprite of this game is from August 5th 2003, 2 days after I joined these forums. Don't think that this extraordinary length of time will mean good gameplay, though....because I think I abandoned it less than a few months later.

Well, recently I found it lying on my computer, and decided that since it was so near completion, I might as well finish it off, and post it. SO! Remember this game was made by my 17 year old self, with a perhaps rushed off ending, is a completely traditional game, and may very well not be to your taste. But aside from that...IT IS THE MOST AWESOME GAME EVER. While I got a lot of great beta testing help, the actual work that went into the game is ALL MINE.

So now, without further ado, I present to you:

SMILEY'S QUEST:

Join our hero in his adventures through eye-gouging graphics!

Console him out while he solves the mystery of the murder he has been accused of!
Help him out as he uncovers a conspiracy that dates back to the beginnings of humanity!
Tag along with him as he saves the WORLD!

Features:
- 320x200 & 16bit graphics
- Over 20 rooms (Give or take a zero)
- Previously mentioned eye-gouging graphics
- Jokes only smart people will understand  :=
- A conspiracy that will rock your view of the world
- Fun (and insanity) for the whole family!

Get it here!

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Joe

Hmmm strange graphics but seems nice!! Downloading it :)
Copinstar © Oficial Site

neon

Yes, the graphic style is a bit strange, but it works good for the game.

I was a little bit confused when I started the setup to find the the resolution options at 640 X 480 and 1280 X 800. Game is announced at 320 X 200 but I can't select it.

The first dialogue with the old man was really funny, but after that I'm stuck. Maybe I'll try later.

Babar

Thanks for the comments Joe and neon, appreciate it!

neon, My current PC can't run 320x200, so I had the setup at 2x Filter. If you set the filter to NONE, you will get 320x200.

neon

Ah, ok. And I found your walkthrough, thanks.

Gamer_V

Woo! Finished it. Fun little game.  :)

Small bug:
Spoiler
When on the wall, you can walk to the right to the next screen. This means you don't have to climb up the wall first to use the tree when you go back.
[close]

Buckethead

hey I didn't send you the bug report yet  := ohw well I didn't find any bugs anyway.

anywayz...

funny little game. Graphics are ok for this kind of game. It was fun to play.

EDIT:

ooops some problems after all:

*You can't skip the intro

*When you load the game the menu is still open (not a real problem but would prefere it to be away then)

Spoiler
When you climb the gate by using the tree and walk to the left you can get stuck in the message: "im not going that way.... "
[close]

Babar

Thanks everyone who reported all the errors, and thanks for all the compliments! I've uploaded a new version now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk