Haunted Hollow: The Lost Soul's Club

Started by Hollowman, Wed 27/10/2004 19:42:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollowman

Announcing the sequel to The Mystery of Haunted Hollow.

It is five years after the events described in the first game and AJ is now twenty. His life for the past five years has been difficult, living a life of ridicule for his unbelievable tale of UFOs and dark cults. He lives in a small apartment and works part time in a local garage, but his real passion lies in researching the dark secrets of his home town. His small apartment doubles as an office, and with the help of his friend Bernie he spends his nights delving into the mysteries that remain unsolved.

But the Hollow has also changed in five years. Ever the magnet for the strange and bizarre, the town has grown, and secrets that have long been buried, are beginning to stir again...

Progress: 15%. I am still fairly early on in the game but the story is complete and a lot of the artwork is done.

I am not sure how long it will be until this game is finished but I'll post updates as things progress.

Screenshots:

AJ in his apartment/office.

AJ's notebook. He uses this to get around town.

EDIT: 9/11/04

New screenshot below.

The game currently has 14 rooms and 5 characters so it is progressing pretty well.

The road leading to an abandoned hospital that is a major location in the game.

EDIT:  01/03/05

After several days of full time work on the game, Act One is now compete. This leaves the game at approximately 40 - 45% complete, so I'm almost halfway.

A few statistics:

Rooms so far: 25
Characters so far: 12
Inventory items so far: 20
Dialogs: 19

A new screenshot below.

EDIT: 9/3/05

I am now well into the second act of the game and the end is finally in sight...just. I'm probably about 60-70% complete overall. The majority of the rooms are in place, there are a few characters still to add, and then its just scripting to do.

The screenshot below will be the last one posted before the game is complete.

Hollowman

Just a note to say there is a new screenshot and a small update, and because this thread was looking pretty feeble with no replies. (Ok it probably looks even more feeble with only myself replying to it but it makes me feel better :)

Darth Mandarb

Good to see a sequel in the making.

I liked the first one as well.

The screenies look pretty good and the plot sounds involving enough.

Keep it up!

UP

Great that you got a sequel on the way! One thing though. AJ is supposed to be 20 but he looks a year or two older than in the last game...

The backgrounds look great and the setting does too. Hope to see this soon.

HillBilly

hurrah! I'm really looking forward to this game.  :)

Kairus

Yeah, I love to see that dark blue stylish background simulating a house at night. Will the game be all at night like the first one? That's excellent for making the atmosphere.
I hope you can finish this project as well. :)
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

Hollowman

It has been some time since I last updated this, so I thought it was about due. Progress had stopped for awhile due to other issues taking precedence, but things are running pretty smoothly again now, and I can say that I am roughly 25% done overall. I'm still not sure how long it will be before release but hopefully not too long.

The game is composed of two parts (though it will all be released as one) and the first part of the game is getting close to being done. The second part is barely started, and that is the longer section.

jetxl

Looking forward to you game.

I would have nominated HH1 for the ags awards if I didn't press enter accedently.

Hollowman

Thanks, at least I ALMOST got a vote for nomination, which is more than I expected. :)

Hollowman

Just a note to say there is a new update and an additional screenshot above.

Daniël Brooks

I really enjoyed 'The Mystery of Haunted Hollow', so I can hardly wait for this game to be finished. Looks very promosing! :)

Reptile

Great efforts here for sure, and looks like they paid off. You've got some great work here.  ;)
(Signature removed due to violation of image size rules).

Hollowman

Bump to say there is a further update above, and one last screenshot.

intermalte

The new screenshot has a lot of atmosphere - dark and creepy - but doesn't the hole in the broken monitor look like a Bunny?
if your grandmother or any other member of your family should die whilst in the shelter, put them outside, but remember to tag them first for identification purposes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk