Bg Blitzl 11th nov - 25th nov l Isometric perspective.

Started by Iwan, Thu 11/11/2004 20:19:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwan

Isometric perspective.

What is Isometric perspective?

*Draw a new bg of a building and its suroundings of your choice which uses an isometric perspective.

Restrictions
No colour restrictions and the resolution should be something like 32x240, 640x480.

Good luck all!

Nacho

Very interesting topic, specially the link to the tutorial... I've learned that with isometry you can draw bg very quick, and, if smart, create a database of objects (in The Sims style) to redouce all the artistical project to a simply "cut and paste matter".

Here is my very first attempt at iso:

This is the office of Sgt. Lou and Lt. Torder. Both are detectives that work together in a little town called Lorburgh. Lou is an old cop, but a little pig, his mates call him "Lou the Law"... Torder is a new and methodic policeman who takes a lot of attention in having all ordered, people call him "Torder the Order"... Together they're known as "Law and Order".

EDIT: Here are some objects of my database... You can see them in "contributions thread in CL"

Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Iwan

Great entry Farlander. I've become addicted to iso perspective for a month and i've started making a little data base of objects, like you mentioned. Glad you found the link helpfull :).

Darth Mandarb

Farlander - that's a great pic and an awesome start to the 'objects' database.Ã,  We're going to have some fun with this ;)

I decided to make an entry ...

meh ... I rushed a little.

Nacho

Wow! That's a lovely bground indeed... I see that ISO accepts more shadows than the ones I did...  :)

JudgeDeadd

Quote from: Farlander on Sat 13/11/2004 18:07:02
EDIT: Here are some objects of my database... You can see them in "contributions thread in CL"

Where uis that thread?
You know what they say... no... wait... you don't. What a shame.

Nacho

Contribution thread... It's sticky in Critics Lounge, Andail started it, I think...

(It should be the first or the second though)

Damien

There it is, 640x480, 34 colors, all made in MsPaint:

Iwan

Lovelly entrys so far! I like the terrain Damien, reminds me of Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Privateer Puddin'

Redwall

Yeah, that's what I thought of.

Industrial zone!
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Nacho

So... we got a winner?  :) I want to go for the next BG blitz!!!11oneoneone!!!

Damien

Quote...reminds me of Roller Coaster Tycoon
Quotereminds me of sim city

What, no transport tycoon fans?

sedriss

I played Transport Tycoon like a madman a couple of years ago., but i've lost the floppys.Ã,  :-\
By the time you read this you've already read it.

Haddas

I love Transport tycoon deluxe. I allways make my own maps and try to build mega-large cities with just a few empty squares just in the centrum for my helicopter pad to go ::)

alpha in col

Sinitrena

All three entrys are good, and youre database is a good idea Farlander, but nevertheless my vote goes to Darth Mandarb. I like his entry the best.

viktor

signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

sedriss

By the time you read this you've already read it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk