City of Fortune - the 2nd attempt

Started by Bernie, Thu 26/08/2004 15:32:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Mandarb

well ... congratulations Bernie ... you've done it.

You've moved to the top of my 'most anticipated games' list!

Just amazing ...

Bernie

Thanks! I'll just go and work on it some more, then! :D
It's great when you're done with all that engine stuff, because then you can focus on the actual game, and that's much more fun.

evilspacefart

Bernie

Thanks!

Here's the last screenshot for a while - don't wanna spoil the game for you (they're all screenshots from stuff you get to see in the first 10 minutes, so they probably don't spoil too much):

My little virtual world is getting some actual population now. Hooray!

The percentage-o-meter for finished artworkings goes up to 15%. Hooray once more!

You are truly a gifted artist. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to your game.  :o

Sam.

looking real nice. Moved up one notch on my anticipate-o-meter. I like the new graphics style especially.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Chicky

Bernie

Thanks for the comments!

Discworld inspired? I played the adventure games, and they probably do influence my work, but so does every other adventure game I've played, including RLatBtaT. Too bad that one keeps crashing on me towards the end...

splat44

I too played Discworld.

You mention you've also played "RLatBtaT"?

What game is that?

Sam.

Richard LOnghurst and the box that ate time.

Obviously
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

edmundito

Hey, don't mind some of my critic:

Um... looking at your screenshots, I don't understand what the verb "Normal" means. What is normal? does it mean you can drag and drop files around like in Windows? :P

The graphics are pretty cool... I like the lighting. I like how it's not your standard color tinting, like everyone else likes to do.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Gilbert

Judging from the screenshot, that "normal" button doesn't look like the same group as those "action" buttons, moreover, that tiny figure icon behind the "normal" text suggests to me that it's probably use to toggle between walking mode and running mode (or sneaking mode, depends on what the game will provide).
Furthermore, as the game is WIP, everything is bound to change, I'll say don't mind so much on what the screenshots show at the moment.

Bernie

Yep, that button switches between walking and sneaking. It's also possible to switch modes by hitting space.

jason

Damn, this looks really awesome man! The art is beautiful and consistent.

Bernie

Thank you for your kind words! :D

Here are some colored sketches:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk