Off the Side

Started by Iwan, Wed 28/01/2004 16:46:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny

I love the characters, though the lady is pretty scary. I like the new elephant immensly! Also, lovely animation.
The voices are
EDIT: I forgot to finish this sentence silly me! heh, I always write posts in pieces, so there you have it. :D Actually, I can't listen to the voices now, cause my PC is fu**ed up, media player/winamp/anything isn't working. :P

One thing you seem to have confused about the resolution: don't you mean: 320X240?
340X200 isn't possible afaik, unless this is background size and they scroll, or the actual res is 640X400.
Most likely you just mixed it up a bit :).

Looking forward to playing this game/a demo!
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Iwan

Thanks Ginny :)!

Silly me, yes I did mean 320 200  :D.
I've updated it now :),
Iwan

Ginny

Oh, actually i thought you meant low-res in letterbox mode, which is 320X240, but I guess you're using normal low-res. :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Iwan

Oh right, oh well. I've updated the first page now with some new stuff anyway. I've redrawn alot of the graphics and I've decided to make the game at 320x240 anyway  :).

Scummbuddy

you know, the intro animation is cool and all, but its a bit weird as to why she is just standing there, and basically has no idle view. it could help maybe to have a bus stop sign next to her, cause without it, its kinda random that she's there.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Iwan

Thanks Scummbuddy.

I'm making a little Idle animation of her scraching her arse after the ship flyes past but I hadn't thought of having a bus stop sign...it would make more sense. I'll add it in next time I work on it :).

Iwan

Iwan

Ok...School is out for the summer holidays so this game is really going to pick up the pace :). I have just finished my GCSE so I've got loads of time to work on it.

Scummbuddy

...end of september

I hope thats still the plan. Any more work we can see?
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Iwan

That was the plan but I stopped working on it for a bit because of the the AGs team challenge. I'll post some animations or bgs quite soon.

Iwan

Here are some more work you can see.

side walk cycle (I havn't finished animating her arms yet):

side jogging cycle:

Background: I created this one today, Thanks for the people in the CL who helped me :=.

Alpha

Kinoko

Oh, man. Please don't change the main character, she's great! ^_^ I saw it and thought, "Finally! An interesting, original main character!". Personally, I'd love to be getting a cool old lady out of trouble and I think she looks great. the animation is neat, and the backgrounds are great too. All the styles fit together nicely, I think.

Only one thing... Kang? Did you purposely use the same name as the Simpsons' alien or is it a tribute/accident? :P

Iwan

Glad you like the character! I knew Kang was fromÃ,  The Simpsons but every time I worked on him the name Kang came to my head and it came a bit of a habit :).

Mr Flibble

The old lady might work, but you'll need to make her...sassy. Like Margaret Rutherford's Mrs Marple, only better.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

ghostface

Quote from: Alpha on Fri 18/06/2004 14:58:09
Ok...School is out for the summer holidays so this game is really going to pick up the pace :). I have just finished my GCSE so I've got loads of time to work on it ;D. I hope to finish it by the end of the hollidays so about the end of September.

Almost end of September, how's it going, Alpha?
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Iwan

Hi all,

Bloody hell this game is taking ages but it will be done...one day. Anyway since I havn't showed anything in a while I thought i'd release a little demo. Well it's not really a demo. It's a little intro to how she gets captured by the aliens. You can see the GUI graphics too.

Download new intro

Here's a gif of the end of the intro if you don't want to download it.

And her's a another backgound,

Gamma

hedgefield

Great stuff! Love your art. And isn't that the Farscape font? nice touch...

Iwan

Not sure if it's the farscape font, i've never played the game. I chose one of the fonts in AGS which I favoured most.. Glad you like my art :).

And thanks Darth for removing the link!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk