Awakening of the Sphinx DEMO v1.2 (Updated 29 June 04)

Started by SSH, Tue 30/09/2003 22:04:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Kara

The menu looks much better now with making the font smaller.
It's easier to click what I want to click now too.
The way you did the conversation choices
and having a scroll for the menu...awesome.
Overall , it looks great and I can't wait to play the final version!
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

SSH

Thanks all for your nice comments.

Quote from: Queen Kara on Mon 03/05/2004 12:23:56
The menu looks much better now with making the font smaller.

What do you mean? Which menu? Compared to what? I'm a little confused!

Kweepa

If you run it at 320x200 (which *was* the default), the fonts are twice the size.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Queen Kara

I don't know if it was because it was an older version or what , but the first demo I played , the scroll ( that's what I mean by menu ) thing ....on that...things were a pain to find and click ....it was like the words were too close together and too big.
So it was a pixel hunt to find and click what I wanted to click.
Now it isn't. I'm not sure why.  :-[
Klaatu Verata Niktu?

SSH

Well, nobody has posted about this, but I wondered if anyone had tried translating some of the heiroglyhpics in the game. It's quite easy to find a heiroglyphics alphabet on the web. The game is serious, but some of the heiroglyphics are not. And some give hints...

For example, in the opening, when Tuthmosis falls asleep by the Sphinx, the hieroglyphics say "Zzzz" and when he is amazed by the SPhinx talking,  it says.... well, I'll leave that up to you to discover.

Who said there's no replayability?  ;D

SSH trying to stay leet

OMG! 11!!!!!11!!

My post count has reached "leeT" levels and I will never post again, just to keep it there!

SSH

Finally getting some work done on this since the demo. Have been consulting with various people on the story (thanks to you guys, you knwo who you are!) and now got some work on our hero's love interest progressing:

I think the story for the whole game is now complete, so here's some of what's on my todo list:

Characters: Akhenaten, Smenkhare, Tutankhamun, Boat Captain, Quarry workers, VIllage women, Priestly scholar, etc. etc.
Backgrounds: Quarry, Nile dock, Nileside village, Temple of Amun, Place at Amarna, Overview map, Desert landscape, etc. etc.
Dialogues: Millions of these to do!

piperhcombs

Sorry for bring up an old(er) topic, But I was just playing this demo I found what I think is another bug in the hex room. When you are walking on the hexes, you how the single row at the end will have hexes that drop or rise depending on which hex you stand on? Well, if you manage to click on the first moving hex right before it drops, your character will walk onto thin air, where the hex should be. After that, you cannot move back off the "invisible hex", although your cursor is still mobile and you can still look at things.
:cheers: + :claps:

Temperance&Booth  Sydney&Vaughn  Nadia&Weiss

SSH

Thanks for the bug report. If I ever get around to doign the full game, I'll fix it.  :=

Darth Mandarb

Good sweet lord in heaven!!

This thread was last posted in over a year ago!!

piperhcombs - take some advice, read the sticky threads (and the forum rules) in ALL the boards, thoroughly before posting again.

** sigh **

SSH - if you ever decide to continue, let me know and I'll unlock this thread.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk