Horror Hospital: Incomplete Demo Thingy Released.

Started by Mozesh, Sat 08/01/2005 14:11:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Mozesh

Hey Peepz, the plug was going to be pulled on Horror Hospital but fortunatly I changed my mind and went on with it.
Heres the updated info.

The main caracter is Phil Nathan, a normal guy with a boring desk job in the city.
As Phil goes home after working late he gets hit by a car.

*Updated Screenshot*

He is taken to a hospital, were strange things will happen.

The game is Rendered with the DeusEx Engine, it uses Half-Life and DeusEx Models.
At first you will be in a normal Hospital, but that will change when you get futher in the game. A bit like Silent Hill.

*Updated Screenshot*

The game has a menu that can be used at almost al times.(thanks Ahmet AkA Gord10 ;) Who helped me alot with that)

This is the kind of view you can expect when you look at an object or window, this is what you see as you look out the window on Phil`s hospital room.
    Special thanks to Ahmet Kamil Keles.

-Ralph S. AkA Redrum89

Update: 2nd of August 2005

My fellow AGS'ers I have some bad news,
my hard drive crashed and Horror Hospital has been deleted in the process.
Unfortunatly due to my lack of motivation I fear that I won't start all over again on this same project.
I still do have some old files stored somewhere (on my server) so If and I say 'IF' I feel like starting all over again I will have some needed recources at hand.
Also I have found an old version of HH full of bugs and crappy intro included, I will try to upload it somewhere for those who want to download it.
So Horror Hospital is here by put on hold, unless I am confinced otherwise.

~~~~~~~~~~~UPDATE 7th of September 2005~~~~~~~~~~~~
(same as last bumping post)
Why hello there!,

Just so you know, I'm releasing the incomplete demo thingy for horror hospital.
I don't really have intention of making this game any further since the Hard drive crash.
So I am just releasing this for those who want to check it out.
Known Issues:
-There are probably some bugs in the game
-Real dumb conversations that needed to be sorted out
-Missing animations
-The timing at some points is off
-Animations can keep playing when walking down after such an animation
-Hotspot interactions are not all complete
-Forgot about walking when opening in the fuseroom.
-Scaling off in some rooms.
Most of these could be fixed easily but I don't have the time for it, seriously.
Real though stuff are going to happen at school.
HERES THE LINK:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=618
DIRECT LINK:
http://files.filefront.com/HorrorHospitalDemoThingyrar/;4106803;;/fileinfo.html

I had to upload it to filefront since for some reason I cannot upload on the better upload spaces  :(

FruitTree

I love horror games
and I love those red/yellow filtered images! :D

KEEP CREATING!

Barbarian

Looks awesome.  You're off to a great start, and I look forwards to seeing your game in action.

I would offer to help some on the story, but as I just signed up for the upcoming ATC challenge, I'll be putting my efforts into that for now...
but perhaps if you still needed some help after a few more weeks, I may be able to offer my services then.

Best wishes.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Gord10

Looks cool :) I like this type of games much.

Quote from: Redrum89 on Sat 08/01/2005 14:11:59
Hi!
The game has a menu that can be used at almost al times.(thanks Ahmet AkA Gord10 ;) Who helped me alot with that)

Ã,  Ã,  Special thanks to Ahmet Kamil Keles.
Ã, 
You're welcomeÃ,  ;)
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

splat44

Great graphics,

It took like "Lost in the nightmare"

Candle

The game is made with the DeusEx Engine, Half-Life and DeusEx Models.
Is this game made with AGS ?  AGS Games in Production  forum .

Haddas

Heprobably meant they were rendered in the editor of those games

sergiocornaga

Quote from: Candle on Sun 09/01/2005 00:44:54

The game is made with the DeusEx Engine, Half-Life and DeusEx Models.
Is this game made with AGS ?Ã,  AGS Games in ProductionÃ,  forum .

Yeah, I'd say so too. After all, there is a noticibly ags cursor in the second screenshot.

Game looks real good, looking forward to playing it. Will the game be in 1st person or 3rd person, or a mix?

Candle

Ya didn't see the watch .. looks ags icon .

Mozesh

Yeah i meant the rendered with the DeusEx engine and made the game with the AGS engine ;)

Surge : Will the game be in 1st person or 3rd person, or a mix?
It will be a mix. 3rd person view for walking but there will be many 1st person close ups of almost anything thats worth looking at, and some rooms will be 1st person view only.

hedgefield

That sounds awesome!

Mozesh

Update, 11-03-05
Characters.
When I wrote this topic I forgot to mention some important things.
First I forgot to tell that you will not be alone in this game, there will be 2 caracters to your aid.
James Savage a doctor who works at the hospital will be part of your team as well as Rafael Hakson, he is an engineer who was working on the elevators as he got sucked into the hell on earth.
Both of them will have abitilities to help you solve problems.
A bit like Start Trek Judgement Rites (if you know it ;) )
But you will not start with these caracters in the beginning.
After a while you will find one of them, and a while later the other. But don`t expect being together al the time, there will be some suprises ;)

-Ralph S.

jason

Wow, looking good man. I really like the cut-scene shots (great angles and colors).

hedgefield

This stuff looks excellent! And supported by Deus Ex elements im sure it's gonna be a masterpiece. Looking forward to the demo.

Ishmael

I see you're really putting the effort into this. Keep it up! :) That few months back when HH sort of "disappeared" I missed it for a while but I quickly forgot it as I have had so much lately on my mind, but good to see you're back at it.
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

WarGolem

Hi!

I'm new posting here, but I've been lurking around for about a year, and I have to say I love browsing the games in production thread, its so cool to see all these great adventure games coming to life!

Anyway I just wanted to say the game looks fantastic, hope its very frightening   ;D

Mozesh

Edit:
Horror Hospital is back in Production.
Forget what I wrote here previously ;)

Barbarian

Hiya Redrum89.
Well, I really like the ideas, look and mood of the game you've shown so far for HH. And I've been wanting to take-on creating (or helping to create) a "Horror" type of adventure game. In fact I was slowly poking around on making a "horror" type of game before the current ATC started.

However, my spare time and train-of-thought is now focused on the current ATC (In which we have an awesome team, which is helping to shape our game into something that I think will surprise and please many people, heck, I think if we can meet all of the deadlines, we'll have a really good chance of winning this ATC, though I know we're up against some tough competition).

Currently for our ATC project I'm working on the overall details of the story - which include the plot, various dialogs, outline of "puzzles" that will take place, suggested details of what various characters, scenes, items, etc.. that will be found in the various rooms, voice narration, and Team Captain cracking the whip (hopfully providing some inspiration and motivation to my team members in this regards as well)Ã,  :)Ã,  So, this ATC is definately a good learning experience in many ways which is definately improving many of my "game creating skills".Ã, 

Anyways, errr, where was I going with all this?Ã,  :PÃ,  So, I guess what I was trying to say, when this current ATC winds down, and I don't need to focus as much of my spare time and energy on this current project, and if you're still needing some assistance (Perhaps as a Story Writer), then I would be happy to offer my services to your HH project. I know I contacted you a couple weeks back in this regards, but I wanted to give you an update of my current situation and let you know I'll still be interested to help you in the near future.

Best Wishes, and keep at your game. Don't give up.Ã,  :)
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

danclarkenotloggedin

Game looks nice, but please try to put some more imagination into the name. It has no depth or inspiration and makes the whole thing seem a bit cheap and thoughtless in my opinion.

You could argue that the name is purely functional, but games like this are based on stories and plots, so surely you could think of something a bit more imaginative? I mean, silent hill 2 was based largely in a hospital, but it wasnt called 'Horror Hospital' or 'hospital of death' etc.

Mozesh

Edit:
Horror Hospital Back in Production.
Forget what I wrote here previously ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk