Horror Hospital: Incomplete Demo Thingy Released.

Started by Mozesh, Sat 08/01/2005 14:11:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Mozesh

Hey Hey people, Ralph here. Here's a new update :)

Outside in the city, this is a part of the intro.

Here's the updated Phil's Hospital Room.

And this was the old one, with the old phil character.

And here he is, the one the only THàˆ PRIEST!

And now the technical update:
Update : 30th of March 2005.
-All Phil frames are imported.
-An enemy is totally imported.
-Security Guard Jeffrey is totally imported.
-Ingame GUI, improved and working on a volume adjustment at the moment.
-New textures are added.
-The Priest model is complete.
-The intro has been improved, except for a tricky part. That still need working on.

About the voice actors:
One voice actor has a character now (LargoPredator -> the priest). The others I still need to give to the other voice actors.

Other stuff:
Well if all goes well a demo can come out within 1.5 to 2 months.

Well that's all for now I guess, if I think of something I forgot I'll post it ;)

Best Wishes
Ralph S. -AkA- Redrum89

Gord10

Looks nice.

IMO you should make the blood darker and more red.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Mozesh

Ubel

Ralph, that priest REALLY DOES look like one of my teachers! :D

Anyway, you've done really good work this far. And I'm really waiting for the demo.

NightQuest

Well, i'm back :P

i've been away for some time, been busy with school and such

and i must say, Ralph congrats!
you've really got further in the time i've been away
can't wait to play it, and as always, i'll be on MSN.

Good luck,
NightQuest

Darth Mandarb

You couldn't have said that in a PM rather than diggin' up an older thread?

Redrum ... er ... Mozesh, are you still working on this?  If so, how 'bout an update now that it's been bumped?

Ubel

I'm pretty sure he's still working on it. Yes Ralph, release the goddamn demo already! :P

hedgefield

He was working on a trailer a little while back, for the Release-something comp, IIRC.

Mozesh

Yeah I'm still working on it. So here's an update :)

So what did you do in the past three months?!
Well not much the last couple of weeks, I didn't feel like doing anything until I refound the joy of ags developing :P .

What have you made/changed then?
Alot!
1. I have complete redone the intro, it is different from the original and looks MUCH better  :=
2. Also I redid the entire game's backgrounds.
3. The ingame GUI has been improved.
4. Added new animations.

Also I use AGS 2.7 BETA now, which I find much better but still need to get used to.

What needs to be done before the demo can be released?
Well first of all the character sprites that are currently in the game have transparent gaps underneath them but that won't be much trouble.
2ndly Adding new rooms and another simple puzzle and create a sort of a battle, but that'll be a secret for now ;) (PS: Not a rpg like battle, no shooting battle either)
Thirdly (Is that even a word?) redoing some of the new scetchy rooms.

A battle sequence? Could you tell us more?
No.

New and improved background? Could you show us some
Voila:

This is the old background of when Phil & mr. Turner talk at the office.

And this is the new one.

AND this is the one I am most proud of how I improved it:

(Maybe these png are to big for some people just say so and Ill make jpg of them)

So a teaser?
Yep, It's a simple movie I made for the Release Something comp, it's too simple at the moment but I'll probably show it on the 25th.

If I've forgotten something I'll let you know ;)

Peace
Ralph

DanClarke

looking good, im liking the way this is shaping up! keep it up!

Calamity

I know it's been ages since I've come to this place, but I've got to say that this is one of the best looking game I've seen in a while. You're hard work is definately paying off my friend, keep up the great work.  :D
OwO

Ubel

Quote from: Calamity on Sun 19/06/2005 17:44:29
You're hard work is definately paying off my friend

Hard work? Ralph? HAH! ;) He probably makes his little brother do all the work for him. :=

Peace
~Aapy

Mozesh

Quote from: Pablo on Sun 19/06/2005 17:52:12
Quote from: Calamity on Sun 19/06/2005 17:44:29
You're hard work is definately paying off my friend

Hard work? Ralph? HAH! ;) He probably makes his little brother do all the work for him. :=

Peace
~Aapy
I don't have a little brother :P but I really work hard ::) :P

Mozesh

My fellow AGS'ers I have some bad news,
my hard drive crashed and Horror Hospital has been deleted in the process.
Unfortunatly due to my lack of motivation I fear that I won't start all over again on this same project.
I still do have some old files stored somewhere (on my server) so If and I say 'IF' I feel like starting all over again I will have some needed recources at hand.
Also I have found an old version of HH full of bugs and crappy intro included, I will try to upload it somewhere for those who want to download it.
So Horror Hospital is here by put on hold, unless I am confinced otherwise.

Snarky

We should make a sticky with links to all the projects that got cancelled because of a harddrive crash.

I'm torn between feeling sorry for you for losing your game and angry at you for not backing up your data. Dammit, man!

Ubel

NOOOOOoooo!!! It can NOT be! :'( :'(

I'm so sorry for you Ralph. :( Next time when you make a game be sure to back everything up once in a while!

sergiocornaga

It's happened to me to...  now 'Chisel II' will never see the light of day...

PsychicHeart

And with my first game, OverLoad. I dead set had about 99.8% completed, and when my HD crashed i think some people in Antarctica heard me scream, and boy did i scream. Here's a little excerpt: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! DAMN THIS STUPID FUCKING MACHINE TO HELL!!!!
PIECE OF CRAP!!!!! BILL GATES...I'LL SEE YOU IN HELL BITCH!!!!!!
Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Nine Toes

I know I'm no moderator, nor will I pretend to be one, but was all that cussing really neccesary?Ã,  I mean, come on...

*Gives FlukeBlake some Lithium

ANYHOO...

Crap, man.Ã,  Sorry to hear about your HD crash.Ã,  I really wanted to see this project finished one day.Ã,  Doesn't it suck when things like that happen after you put a lot of work into something?Ã,  It's a crying shame.

On another note: Is everybody having computer problems lately?Ã,  I sure am: My blog.

EDIT: Although, I fortunately backed up my hard drive two days before my computer died.
Watch, I just killed this topic...

hedgefield

Damn, that's a real shame! Sorry to hear that.

At these times I'm glad I have another pc on my network, so whenever I make some progress I can back it up there...except for that time when both pc's miraculously died in a 2-day timespan... But that was just odd.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk