Cupshine Costent 9 Jan - 16 Jan (Winner Announced)

Started by Paper Carnival, Sun 09/01/2005 19:12:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Paper Carnival

w00t I won! Sorry for the delay, I didn't notice :-[

Okie here is the next one:

You have to make a fun story (it doesn't have to be funny as long as it makes sense and it's interesting) by adding caption to it.

Have fun!

Eggie

Who agrees with me that this is the best selection of images ever chosen for a caption contest?

JudgeDeadd

You know what they say... no... wait... you don't. What a shame.

Redwall

aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Paper Carnival

Nice entries so far... The deadline is approaching but we only have 3 entries, any more?

JudgeDeadd

Paper Carnival

I thought the pictures were good enough to inspire lots of entries. I just got four :(. Oh well, any last minute entries? It's 16th, but I'm gonna give the results tomorrow afternoon.

Paper Carnival

Okie, after some sort of consideration, I managed to pick out the winner. Eggie's is the funniest, but it doesn't really make sense (I could be just stupid). The one that made most sense is JudgeDeadd.
So, JudgeDeadd wins! :=

Congratulations. You get the priviledge of starting the next caption contest ;D

Spoiler
Now gimme the money, or the deal is off and I get to pick another winner
[close]

Nacho

May I say that I see this competition (not the one this week, all of it in general) pretty... unrelated with adventure games? (wow, what a polite way to say I think it's crap!)

Puzzle activities are related with adventure games... Backgrounds blits and sprite jams are too... Even Photoshop Phday helps to improve your artistic abbilities and compose images that could work as bg's.... But this? If we're going to set a competition for dialogs, IMO, let's do it propperly, ans let's set the situation, the characters involved, maximum lines allowed...

But this unlinked pics look pretty silly for me since the very beginning of the activity.

Hope nobody feels annoyed...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

JudgeDeadd

hurray! That's the first contest I won here!
Prepare for next contest

Gilbert

Quote from: Farlander on Tue 18/01/2005 11:07:01
May I say that I see this competition (not the one this week, all of it in general) pretty... unrelated with adventure games? (wow, what a polite way to say I think it's crap!)

Puzzle activities are related with adventure games... Backgrounds blits and sprite jams are too... Even Photoshop Phday helps to improve your artistic abbilities and compose images that could work as bg's.... But this? If we're going to set a competition for dialogs, IMO, let's do it propperly, ans let's set the situation, the characters involved, maximum lines allowed...

But this unlinked pics look pretty silly for me since the very beginning of the activity.

Hope nobody feels annoyed...

I don't understand, is it really necessary that a competition must be adventure games related?
Remember, the caption contests started from the hairy Greeks' strips which had no relation to adventure games.
I may have to agree that, as most contests now are just compositions of various photos found from the net (so people may be lazy, but some people can't draw), sometimes they could be dumb, sometimes they produced funny results, also once in every few contests there're originally drawn panels.

Also the ASCII arts and poem contests are not necessarily related to adventure games, to name some of the others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk