The 2004 TCN Awards

Started by Trumgottist, Sat 15/01/2005 02:39:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Trumgottist

It's that time of the year again. Time to look back at the year that has past and the games produced during that time. The nomination process for the TCN Awards has started. Visit The Crow's Nest, see the list of games, and nominate!

Neil Dnuma

Cirque de Zale not nominated?

Trumgottist

It is now on the list. If there are other games that should be on the list, please let me know as soon as possible, and it will be fixed.

Totoro

Hi Trumgottist,
it should be "Maniac Mansion Deluxe" and not "Maniac Mansion".
And all those wonderful adventures I made in 2004 are not there... oh wait... I did not make any adventures in 2004  >:( stupid me

Gord10

Looks nice. (By the way, will there be an award for the best demo?  ;D )
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Trumgottist

Quote from: CoolBlue-Gord10 on Sat 15/01/2005 21:09:53
Looks nice.
Thanks.

Quote from: CoolBlue-Gord10 on Sat 15/01/2005 21:09:53
(By the way, will there be an award for the best demo?Ã,  ;D )
No. Like previous years, there are only five awards, and only for completed games. The number of awards seems to have worked, so the details around the voting procedure has changed this year. (This is the first year with a two-round voting system. Previous years, a game only needed a single nomination to be nominated.)

"Deluxe" is added to the short title of MM as suggested. It was before included in the full title displayed on the game page, but not in the short title used in game lists. I agree that it's better to use the full name there aswell, to avoid any confusion. The full name is short enough to have room anyway.

Kairus

You forgot "Garfield: Attack of the Mutant Lasagna" that was the bestest!!!  ;D
Well... it doesn't matter if you don't want to nominate it... I won't kill you... this time... but... you should... :)
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

Trumgottist

Fixed. (It was marked as still in development. You'd forgot to announce its completion.)

Kinoko

Aww, thanks for the nomination, Neil ^_^

fovmester

Can you nominate your own game? ;)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Aw, my game is elligible? Makes me warm and tingly inside... :=

It's a funny thing. I mean, it's really nothing new, it's even a basic remake of a very old game - the graphics are AGES old, and so are the jokes! - but I still get emails about it. Go figure. ;D
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

AGS-GD

Can I nominate my game, titled A Tale Of Betrayal ? I did add it to Crow's Nest website through the form in the main page yesterday, and still I can't find it in the list of games to be nominated, could you please add it.

Sorry if I missed the deadline, it is until now that I've heard of the TCN Awards.

The link to the game: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=453

Thanks a lot,
AGS-GD

Trumgottist

AGS-GD: Yes, I've seen it in the queue and added it. We are three persons with access to it, but nobody had time to do add it sooner.

And to remove some confusion, here are some details on the process:

The games in that list has not recieved any special nominations. It is automatically created from the TCN database of games, so any game marked as released in 2004 that hasn't got the special "not freeware" flag is on it. It's simply the list of games that can be nominated, and when someone informs me of a game that should be on the list but isn't I add it as soon as I can.

To nominate games for the TCN Awards, log in and visit the page with the list of possible nominations. You will then be able to select up to five games in each category to nominate.

When the nomination period is over (Saturday night), I (or rather the small script I made) will count the nominations and the five games in each category who got the most nominations will get nominated.

Then the second round of voting will take place, where you will be able to vote for one of the nominated games in each category. One man (or woman) - one vote. (Please don't try to cheat - there were such attempts last year and that just makes me sad.) The games with the most votes in this round will get the awards.

Trumgottist

Reminder: There is now just a little more than 26 hours left until the deadline for nominations, so if you want to nominate but hasn't, now is your last chance. Or if you have nominated and have changed your mind (or maybe you'd like to nominate one of the games that were added to the list a bit late) you can alter your nominations until the deadline is met. A new nomination completely replaces your old one if you've nominated earlier.

[Takes a sneak peek at the current results: Interesting...]

Edit: 26+24 hours, actually, since it's still Thursday.

Mats Berglinn

How about Frank the Farmhand? It's not on the list right now.

Trumgottist

It's not in the TCN database at all... [Checks the list of games at this site, finds a link to the game, discovers it to be 66% finished.] It's not released yet, is it?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Sure is. Well, part one, anyway. Even caused a racial controversy thread to come up.

Kneel. Now.

Trumgottist

Should this first part be counted as a full game? Judging by the web site (I haven't played it), I'd say no. (I'd ask the author of his opinion but I can't find any contact info on his web site.)

Series like this are tricky, but I think that unless the parts really are complete games by themselves (like Apprentice) the games are better off considered as a whole where they're 100% done.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Well... the part IS a complete game by itself, judging from what I've played...

Kneel. Now.

aussie unplugged

Since each act of "Apprentice" is considered a full game, and a very good one, I suggest Frank the Farmhand may be nominated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk