Ravensmere update:(Project on Hold)

Started by Darcness, Sat 15/01/2005 21:15:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Darcness

You are Alex Connor, a 25 year old guy, who along with his friend Aldon Roberts and the psychic Sarah Saunders have formed a paranormal studies group.
After going on a solo case in England, Alex returns home to find a distressing message from Sarah on his answering machine.
Alex tries to contact Sarah and Aldon without any luck. Soon he learns that while he was abroad, the other part of the team went to go investigate strange happenings in a town called Coven Falls.
He soon discovers that there's more to the sleepy town of Coven Falss then meets the eye, and uncovers dark secrets of the past, and the sinister history of Ravensmere Manor, an old 19th century mansion on the outskirts of town.

This game is the Adventure sequel to my 1999 RPG "Ravensmere: The first Terror".

Status Report:
- graphics 70%
- puzzles 40%
- scripting 75%
- music/sound 50%

Just some character previews for the game.

click here for 800x600 full-size image

(UPDATE)
Hey all.

Just wanted to let you know that the game will be on hold for a while, since I upgraded my computer and my current version of 3D Studio Max doesn't seem to like AMD processors.

So, yeah. I'll have to pause the game production until I can get 3DS working on the new system. (I can't afford to buy a newer version of 3DS).

Will keep you all posted on when the project will continue.

Free the Floopians, Our first commercial indie game.

Krazy

That character really reminds me of Hoagie from DOTT.
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

Kairus

It reminds me of The Punisher.
Will it be a serious thriller game or a Resident Evil-ish "blow the f***ing monsters into pieces before they take a chomp at you!!!" style?
Download Garfield today!

DOWNLOADINFOWEBSITE

Darcness

This will be a serious thriller, a sorta rehash of the old gothic horror novels. Also, I am planning to keep the same type of atmosphere as I did in the first game (which was sadly made on the Unlimited Adventures engine, and you can't play Ravensmere 1 game without having Unlimited Adventures), which is sinister and at times outright scary. Of course, there is also a fair amount of humor in the game.
There will be no battle engine in the game, as you will have to use your wits to get out of bad situations with the undead and the like.
I have also added some WMV video sequences to the game, so anyone with Windows Media Player will be able to view them without any special codecs.
The game is very much inspired by the "Phantasmagoria" and Gabriel Knight series of games.

Candle

Looks nice . the rain plug-in would look good in that cemetery I have some cool thunder sounds if you need it .

Darcness

Thanks candle. I am planning on using the snowrain plugin for a later graveyard scene. The offer for the thunder sound effects is much appreciated, and I would certainly not say no.

Darcness

Thanks, Candle. They are perfect!

Darcness

<Edited>
Pictures moved to top post.

Takara

This is looking really good! :)

Any idea when we might be seeing a demo and/or the complete game?  I can't wait to play! :)

Takara.

InCreator

It looks good.
Backgrounds have a bit of this unharmonic feeling - as it's always with 3D+2D or photo compositions, but overall, it's not a big problem. Are they 3D-renders or photo compos? Either way, I suggest to use strong shadows(!) and soft colored lights/filters in rooms, to balance the overall color tone and strong atmospheric differences that textures give.

Darcness

Thanks a lot! The game will take quite a bit still before I'll release a demo, since I'm working on the ATC at the moment, but I'll let you know when it's ready. I think it might take 2-3 months for the complete game to be released.

InCreator, The rooms are are 3D renders. And thanks, I'll try that method.

Darcness

Also, I chose to steer clear of hard shadows, since it could cause some problems if the character were to enter that area, since AGS' regions only look at where the character is standing, and you can't partially tint a character.

Darcness

This project is currently on hold. See first post for details.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: Darcness on Sat 12/02/2005 04:05:24This project is currently on hold.
Let me know when/if the project is picked up again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk