Downtime

Started by .., Mon 24/01/2005 19:42:49

Previous topic - Next topic

The forums were offline not too long ago (altough it was only short while)

Is there a reason for this? Was it server problems? Maintenance... The whole AGS Site was also down.

I was just wondering if anybody knew what caused it. Or if i missed a maintenence message.

Indie Boy

I dunno why it happened ??? I never got a message ethier, but I did notice the forums was slower opening threads just before it was down. Don't know it was my connection or that had something to do with it.
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

Domino

If you are referring to the forums being down for a couple of days about 2 or 3 months ago, it was due to server overload.  I believe the amount of people accessing this site was too much for the server.

Or you could be talking about something else...hmm, don't know.

Pumaman

I haven't noticed any problems today -- but let's face it, web servers have downtime from time to time. Unless it lasts a significant length of time, is there really any need to start a thread about it?

Ishmael

The AGS forums have some private downtime on me sometimes. I don't care aslong as it works after five minutes :P
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Redwall

Private downtime? As opposed to... public downtime?
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

DragonRose

If the forums privately go down on you, then you might have a problem.

...what?
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Blackthorne

Quote from: DragonRose on Mon 24/01/2005 22:56:29
If the forums privately go down on you, then you might have a problem.

...what?

I don't see a big problem with that.... unless they're "biting your head off goodly....."

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

Nacho

I really should see a problem if the forums if they get down... if they were linked to an artificial breathe machine or something, and that machine was linked to a person who needs it to live!

But they're not... C'mon, which is the big deal if they get down something like 20 minutes?  :P
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Darth Mandarb

What scares me the most is that I come here so frequently I actually notice a downtime :)

Domino

off-topic, but the Team Hasselhoff logo (the whole one) is the funniest thing i have ever seen.  It's great!!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=18798.0

I mean, they are all good, but i laughed my ass off when i saw their team logo.

Haddas

Yes. It is marvellous. Although I do like the Quick Quest Qrew logo too. It really captrues the "I'll do it with passion and be done in 5 minutes" feel. But I just don't get why monkeys wear spotty underwear.

Indie Boy

Yeh but the 30th century frog hives some class to the comp
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

Ishmael

Quote from: Imperial Dagger on Tue 25/01/2005 01:14:59
off-topic, but the Team Hasselhoff logo (the whole one) is the funniest thing i have ever seen. It's great!!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=18798.0

I mean, they are all good, but i laughed my ass off when i saw their team logo.

Indeed... I laughed at it for ages :P

Quote from: Redwall on Mon 24/01/2005 22:20:02
Private downtime? As opposed to... public downtime?

Yes. The forum won't work for me, I ask "are the forums down?" on #ags and everybody says no.

Gee, I feel special ;D
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Sam.

LAUGHED?! thats a serious piece of art. darth put alot of effort into that one. i personally like the league of extrodinary gentlemen.
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk