A redesign of the AGS site is being planned! Please check out the mockups and give your feedback.

Two factor authentication (via app or email) is now available for the forums. You can enable it on your profile.

Author Topic: Suggestion: Ctrl+S to save in script editor (IMPLEMENTED)  (Read 728 times)

Janik

• (Working on a RON game (sort of) )
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with scripting
This is just a tiny suggestion, hopefully it's easy to do but if not it's not very important:

When I use the script editor, I tend to press Ctrl+S often to save the script. It's a reflex from working in Word and other code editors. It would be nice if that shortcut did save the script (without closing the editor, as suggested here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/tracker.php?action=detail&id=324).

Right now, it seems to delete the last thing you wrote down, with no undo  :o, so I end up pulling my hair out each time I accidentally press Ctrl+S. Even if it didn't save, if it were changed to not do anything that would help prevent my premature baldness ;)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2006, 18:41 by strazer »
Play pen and paper D&D? Then try DM Genie - software for Dungeons and Dragons!

Pumaman

• Creator of AGS
  • Administrator
  • Mittens King
  • I sense danger.
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • Pumaman worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Pumaman worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Suggestion: Disable script editor Ctrl+S
« Reply #1 on: 01 Nov 2005, 21:25 »
Yep it's a reasonable request, as you've noticed there's already a tracker entry for it. Thanks for your input.

Edit by strazer:

AGS v2.72 Beta 3:
* Added Ctrl+S option to script editor, to save changes so far.
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2006, 18:40 by strazer »