AGS 2.62 without the MP3 support?

Started by Ishmael, Thu 03/02/2005 15:41:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Ishmael

The link on the "Download AGS" pages takes to v2.61 of acwin.exe without mp3 support. I was wondering if 2.62 has been released without it? I somehow like using the mp3less version better...
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Scorpiorus

Nope, there is no mp3less v2.62. I remember CJ said he would do something about it in case anyone really needs the mp3less version of AGS v2.62.

I don't know how much the mp3less version is lighter than the full one, but I guess it's commercial releases of AGS games that may mainly need to use the mp3less version to avoid licensing issues.

Pumaman

I forgot to compile the mp3-less 2.62, but unless anyone urgently needs it for a commercial release I'm not going to go back and do it now. I'll compile an mp3-less 2.7 when the Final comes around.

Ishmael

Alright, thanks. I'll just have to bare with pauses in background music for a while...

\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Gilbert

What's the connection with pauses in background musics and the MP3less engine?

Pumaman

Yeah, what do you mean? The mp3-less engine cannot play mp3's. That's the only difference. It doesn't have any additional functionality.

Ishmael

Running AGS games compiled with mp3 support stops sound getting played by Winamp, running AGS games compiled with mp3less version doesn't. Nothing bigger. Thankyou :)

strazer

Are you sure it's not the sound output setting?

Quote from: Pumaman on Sun 23/05/2004 17:42:04
I just tried changing my Winamp Output Plugin to DirectSound rather than WaveOut and you're right, running an AGS game then stops the winamp output. I'm not sure why this is because AGS starts up DirectSound with a non-exclusive cooperative level, so it should continue playing.

Anyway, the workaround is to set Winamp to use the WaveOut plugin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk