Beyond the door

Started by Bulrog, Wed 09/02/2005 10:56:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulrog

WHAT IS BEYOND THE DOOR
====================

This is my first game with AGS and my first art experience. So don't be too hard with me;)

Thanks in advance to have a look and to give to me feedback about it

TYPE OF GAME:
==========

This is a puzzle game in the way of MYST (but not so beautiful ;) ) where you get books when you solve a puzzle and that allow you to understand what's happened

DOWNLOAD
========
You can find Beyond the door at the following address:

http://www.freewebtown.com/beyondthedoor/

SCREENSHOT
=========

Bulrog.

abibliophobe

Looks really good! Downloading now...

Bulrog

Thanks a lot. And I hope it will not only looks good  ;)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Arg, 6mbs at freewebs? It will take forever!

Have you ever considered
http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/FileHosting.html
?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Bulrog

thanks for the link I will have a look. I did some research on the web. I tried first Yahoo that
was not so good and then freeweb where I download once the game and the response
time was good.

Anyway, I will have a look to the host provider you give and hope it is better!

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

You can take a look at my website, in my sig. So far that's the best combination I've found - FreeWebs' ease of use and MicroTech hosting. Glad to have been of help. :)

Kneel. Now.

Bulrog

I agree that to access to your site it is quite long but you use FreeWeb and mine is freewebtown. So are you sure it is the same host? Mine looks much faster :D

Stalker

Well, the download took like three minutes... not really forever in my book.

Anyway, even though I have an aversion against getting weird machines to work, I'll check the game out later tonight and be back with impressions.

landslidepurist

It took about 30 seconds for me, but i'm using a 2mb connection. Games looks good, will report back :).

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

FreeWebTOWN?

Oh.

Er.

Well...

<runs away, but not beore downloading>

Kneel. Now.

Artphreak

Ã,  Ã,  Ã, I don't know why i bothered downloading this game because i hate Myst style games even though i realize their importance to the development of Adventure games. That being said i will try to keep my comments objective and unrelated to the game style.
Ã,  Ã,  Ã, I began playing this game last night and right away found the sounds to really add to the atmosphere of the game, i also thought the graphics were good for a "first-timer", and i liked the GUI. However, after about five minutes and three or four rooms i had to stop playing because the grammar was awful! It was difficult to figure out what you were trying to say or what was going on because of the butchery of the English Language. If you are from another country and English is not your first language than you did a good job, if English is your first language i think you may need some tutoring...

Sinitrena

Unfortunatly, I wasn't able to download your game (I'm really interessted in it). The following message apeared:
QuoteWe regret to inform you...
This website has exceeded the allowed monthly data transfer limit!
(1.0 GB per month is the standard allowed free data transfer limit)

For information about why this page appeared
instead of your website's contents, please click here...

"http://www.freewebtown.com/beyondthedoor/Game/BeyondTheDoor.zip"
needs your support to be re-activated.

Perhaps you should upload your game at MicroTech file hosting anyway, so that people can still download it, even when your side is down.

BTW, I like the screenshots  :)

Joyce

Yea I can't download it either I get the same message as Sinitrena gets

JClarke641

??? Bulrog,Ã,  I tried to download your new game but the site now claims to have exceeded something or other and wants to be paid for downloading your game.Ã,  That's not what I call freeware.Ã,  Ã, If you know something I don't, please fill me in..Thanks,Ã,  Jacquie Clarke

JClarke641@aol.com

Indie Boy

Is some one kind enough to make a mirror site
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

SHE DEVIL

Will somebody PLEASE fix the link for this game or put up a mirror for it?

Bulrog

Thanks for all replies... I was off for 4 days (some ski ;D ) and that explains this delayed answer...
I will try to reply on all now.

This game is free for sure. The web host I have limit to 1GB the traffic from my free account per month.
I thought it would be large enough as it was accepting up to 100 download of my game but it is already beyond this!! In one hand, I'm happy so many people are interested in my game, in the other hand, I'm disappointed by this failure... :-\
So I will have a look to the proposition below to put it some game host today or tomorrow and create a mirror download!

Finally, I'm a french guy and that explains my awfull english... Gulp!Ã,  :'( Sorry, I will try to improve it...

sunshinegold

Quote from: Bulrog on Mon 14/02/2005 09:29:56
Thanks for all replies... I was off for 4 days (some ski ;D ) and that explains this delayed answer...
I will try to reply on all now.

This game is free for sure. The web host I have limit to 1GB the traffic from my free account per month.
I thought it would be large enough as it was accepting up to 100 download of my game but it is already beyond this!! In one hand, I'm happy so many people are interested in my game, in the other hand, I'm disappointed by this failure... :-\
So I will have a look to the proposition below to put it some game host today or tomorrow and create a mirror download!

Finally, I'm a french guy and that explains my awfull english... Gulp!Ã,  :'( Sorry, I will try to improve it...
)

Bulrog:
I downloaded the game, used BTD application to play but this is the 3rd time that I get the following error message when I try to leave the room with the bathtub, after I pick up the 'strange book':

'An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this problem is caused by the game rather than the interpreter.

(Global script line)
Error: Cannot display message with extended characters in SCI font.

Has anyone else reported this problem ???
Can it be fixed ???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk