Star Quest (Working Title)

Started by DarthGreaser, Wed 16/02/2005 18:12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

DarthGreaser

I'm working on a new sci-fi adventure similar to space quest. Basically the story is you are a new officer in the Earth Confederation and you are assigned to a work as an assistant to a scientist in a research station, but when you arrive you find that the station has been attacked and the scientist kidnapped.  I'm using 320x240 res with 3d images and i am looking for any help on this project especially with music and sound. Anyone interested please e-mail me at svcoyle@yahoo.com. Here are some of my screenshots so far.

Edit by Darth Mandarb to show images, rather than link to them!

Darth Mandarb

Another Darth ...

The graphics look pretty well done.  They seem better than some (most) of the 3D work I've seen for Adventure Games.

I might suggest, if you're going for a serious/lengthy type game.  That you might want to work on the story just a little bit more.   It's a tad cliche (to me).

Oh ... if you're looking for help on the game you should post in the ACR Thread.  More people are likely to see the request there!

Good luck with the game!

DarthGreaser

Yeah the story is a little more complicated than that. There are some twists to it but that is about the extent of what you know when you start the game

Oneway

The screenies look very promising. It's almost a letdown to hear you're making the game in 320*240.
This means in fullscreen mode the images will be streched around 3 times their size! And concidering the quality of your models i'd say that is a pitty.

Good luck on your game.
Almost intentionally left blank.

The Book

Graphics are excellent! I await your game with anticipation...

Vince Twelve

Not to betray my cool exterior by revealing my inner nerd, but Wolf 359?  Is this set within the Star Trek universe?  Or is it just a little shout-out?

Graphics look awesome!

DarthGreaser

no its not in the star trek universe wolf 359 is a real star nearby to our own about 7.5 lightyears away. I just searched for nearby stars and that one came up.

Also I decided to go with 320 x 240 because this is my first AGS game (other than the abandoned star commander remake) and since i'm working on it mostly on my own i didn't want to be overwhelmed with extravigant graphics that would take me 5 years to fully develope. After the release of this game i may try another in a larger res.

Vince Twelve

Quote from: DarthGreaser on Thu 17/02/2005 13:28:00
wolf 359 is a real star nearby to our own about 7.5 lightyears away. I just searched for nearby stars and that one came up.

My grandmother is right.  You learn something new everyday!

Iliya

Well done. when the game will be finished. I'm working on my space quest influenced game :)
Nice screenshots.

AlbinoPanther

Are you a pro. artist or something because your screenshots are realy GREAT.

keep it up.

Hardly wait to play

LD[/b]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk