The Legacy of Taft (Webpage info and more!)

Started by deadsuperhero, Sat 11/12/2004 20:22:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamer

Quote from: DemoKRAT on Wed 22/12/2004 22:16:46
Well...I didn't think it was funny, I didn't like the graphics, and I hated the sound. It wasn't even funny with the Mentos song.

Hey, it's Webspider's first actual demo for a game. You should be nicer to him.
Anyway, Webspider is obviously experimenting with his style in the background department. Just relax, and don't worry about it.

deadsuperhero

Quote from: Gamer on Wed 22/12/2004 22:18:31
Hey, it's Webspider's first actual demo for a game. You should be nicer to him.
Anyway, Webspider is obviously experimenting with his style in the background department. Just relax, and don't worry about it.
Thanks, Gamer. DemoKRAT, you need to relax, I never expected my game to be that appealing, but people like it. Gamer's right, you need to relax.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Simon Jester

I like it, but what kind of puzzles will there be?

deadsuperhero

Quote from: Simon Jester on Wed 22/12/2004 23:10:50
I like it, but what kind of puzzles will there be?
Well, the puzzles are very creative ones. One involves Taft having to find some clothes because his future apartment catches on fire and burns all his clothes or something. Pretty interesting stuff.

Simon Jester

Heh. So, will Taft be walking around in a bath towel or underwear or something like that?

deadsuperhero

Quote from: Simon Jester on Wed 22/12/2004 23:13:26
Heh. So, will Taft be walking around in a bath towel or underwear or something like that?
Maybe. You'll just have to wait until the game comes out to find out.

Problem

Quote from: Webspider on Wed 22/12/2004 20:59:05
Sorry. I tried using a translation service, but obviously it didn't work. Didn't notice that, seeing as I speak very little German.
The Blahblian is better, except for the fact that it changes back to English in the second room. I'm going to work on that. (As well as the actual game)

No problem. You shouldn't use translation services for games, you never get good results. When your game is finished, I could help you with your translation.

deadsuperhero

Well, okay. That sounds good. How good is your German?

Problem

deadsuperhero

Quote from: Problem on Thu 23/12/2004 22:14:34
I'm a German.Ã,  ;)
Ah. Okay then. I ran the German translation back through my translation service, and translated it into English, and you're right, IT'S HORRID! Good thing you spotted it, otherwise I would have used that service for the whole game.

Barbarian

Just downloaded the demo... thought it was rather funny, almost a bit "monty pythonish" type of funny.

Though it's more like an "intro" rather than a demo, I thought the cheesy voice-acting, the stuffy-looking talking portrait, the painted looking artwork, and the odd selection of music in the background made for a strange mix, but I guess overall that's a part of what made it funny.  Once you get some kind of game put together, let us know. I'm sure we'll get a few good laughs from it (which is a good thing, as I assume you're making a humorus type of game). 

Keep experiemnting and learning, and your skills will keep improving. You have to start somewhere, and just the fact you have the dedication to get a project completed is a lot more than some of these nay-sayers can do. If you make a few mistakes along the way, or if it's not "the bestest most awesomest game ever" type of game, don't worry, just have fun with it and learn from it.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

deadsuperhero

Good news, everyone. I've almost finished a short interactive demo involving one puzzle and tthe real story behind Taft getting stuck in a bathtub.
It should be out in the next few weeks.
In other news, Eternia Games now has a webpage: http://www.freewebs.com/eterniagames/
Enjoy!

Gamer

Awesome...is that Bohemian Rhapsody redone playing on the title page?
Anyway, good luck with your Taft game. ;D

Kweepa

Hey Webspider, you should keep your multiple personalities in check! Some of them are even insulting your game! :=
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Pizzaman

Ya, now that you said it... i notice that most of the "guests" have really simple e-mails.

-Pizzaman

deadsuperhero

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk