The AGS Awards - Nominations start February 20th and end March 6th!

Started by Pesty, Sun 20/02/2005 17:20:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumaman

Quote from: Mr. Mozzarella on Sat 26/02/2005 07:25:15
I'm still very new and have played only one 2004 game. So I can nominate only one game. Can I at least nominate that one game several times a category? ;)

There's still a week to go before the nominations deadline -- that's plenty of time to play another couple of games :P

Joacim Andersson

I released Melrin: The disciple ordeal and Melrin: The pendant quest during 2004,, but only Melrin: The dragon menace is listed.

Pesty

Quote from: Joacim Andersson on Sun 27/02/2005 19:14:40
I released Melrin: The disciple ordeal and Melrin: The pendant quest during 2004,, but only Melrin: The dragon menace is listed.

Oh, really? I thought they were released in 2003. Sorry, I'll put them on the list!
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Joacim Andersson

Quote from: Pesty on Sun 27/02/2005 21:38:39
Oh, really? I thought they were released in 2003. Sorry, I'll put them on the list!

Well, I did release the first part of the first Melrin game (The Disciple Ordeal) back in 2003. But after the feedback I got I made a total remake of it and also extended it to the full four part game that was my intention in the first place. I also released it at the same time as the second game, which was on July 27, 2004.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=15624.0

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Argh! How could I have missed this! Well, it's done now - I voted. Yay! And, I noticed no plugin or utility was listed... I think this year we won't have nominations for that. Pity netmonkey didn't get his Media Manager plugin done in December or earlier...

Oh, and just a quick note -

QuoteI think he should only be allowed to enter the categories he did, like programming.
I understand what you mean, and you know what? I agree with you in that most things were not mine. But I DID do more than programming, and I just wanted to point it out. I also added music and sound effects (I didn't MAKE them, but the game now has, courtsesy of me, 99% more music and sounds than it used to) plus responses to every single interaction, responses that Al Lowe didn't write - I did. Just, you know, FYI. But again, I agree to you, in general. Just saying I did a bit more than just programming.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Mr_Frisby

Cudos pesty - everything looks tikkety boo.

I like the voting system - its cool - but you know what would be cool to add? Another page like the list of games except with tick boxes so everyone can tick the games that they have played.
Then there can be another award - for most and least played games by voters or something. It's pretty cool - then you can kinda gague how popular your game is even if it doesn't win an award.
The results could be in a kinda graph or something. This would probably take alot of work to do - so its just an idea and doesn't need to become a reality.

that is all . .

jetxl

b.t.w.

• Board Quest - Jet X.Carrot Quest â€" Hindersh

should be

• Board Quest - Jet X.L.
• Carrot Quest â€" Hindersh

[subliminal message]Nominate board quest for best non-adventure game.[/subliminal message]

Pesty

Quote from: jetxl on Tue 01/03/2005 12:31:20
b.t.w.

• Board Quest - Jet X.Carrot Quest – Hindersh

should be

• Board Quest - Jet X.L.
• Carrot Quest – Hindersh

[subliminal message]Nominate board quest for best non-adventure game.[/subliminal message]

Yeah, that kind of stuff is easy to miss. I haven't had a chance to fix the lists, but when I do, I'll make sure to change that.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

LucasFan

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

There haven't been all that many RON games in 2004 anyway, have there? I think.

EDIT - I just noticed, didn't there use to be a "Best Manual" entry?

Kneel. Now.

Pumaman

Quote from: Rui "Erik" Pires on Fri 04/03/2005 10:48:08
EDIT - I just noticed, didn't there use to be a "Best Manual" entry?

There still is -- "Best Documentation"

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Aw! I didn't notice it! Damn, I didn't vote for it! I meant to. Pesty, I'll PM you my votes, ok? I still have time, right?

Kneel. Now.

SSH

Pesty

Quote from: SSH on Mon 07/03/2005 07:24:32
So, are we going to hear the noms, or what?Ã,  :=

I can't turn off the nominations myself, so I have to wait until CJ gets back on to do that. Then I'll have to sort through the nominations and make a list. I'll hopefully have it done by tomorrow.

Sektor 13

be sure to add a nice BOLD text under threads (forum) like sign for voteing "click here" to se results or something.. :)

Pumaman

MillsJROSS

I'm sure counting all the votes will take a bit of time. Be patient...it'll all be available in due time.

-MillsJROSS

Sektor 13

i thought that they have somekind of program that counts games votes and report the results..  ::) :)

Pesty

Quote from: Sektor 13 on Tue 08/03/2005 08:08:56
i thought that they have somekind of program that counts games votes and report the results..Ã,  ::) :)

Yes, that program is called Pesty and A Piece of Paper.

I get the feeling many people think that I do have a program of some sort that lists all these things, but there isn't. It's all me, which is why it's taking so long. It's not an easy task and all I ask is for people to be patient. It's not a life or death situation, it's not gonna hurt being a day or two late.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk