Pester Quest: From n00b to newb

Started by Scummbuddy, Mon 28/02/2005 06:23:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Scummbuddy

Holy hell, he completed a game?!? So here it is. Pester Quest Released - Days ahead of time, Pester Quest is now in zip form ready to be played. Remember that it is a fairly quick game that puts up a joke every now and then. Also that this game is not for everyone. It is more a game for the AGS community and within that, people that have been around awhile and have dealt with their fair share of annoying new people.

It's not for putting down new people to the community, but it is just a compilation of all the goofy stuff some have said over the years. Remember, we were all n00bs at some time. Except Chris Jones, of course.

It should only take anyone around 15 minutes or less. So, its a fun little thing, and hopefully you'll get a joke or two in the process.Ã,  There is basically interativity with everything, no unhandled events and hopefully no bugs.Ã,  ;)

Get Pester Quest here.

- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

edmundito

This is the closest thing we'll ever get to a Mittens Kwest. Three thumbs up!
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Huw Dawson

Ummm... It the game SUPPOST to end with the diary scene? Crummy ending if it is.  ;)

Only joking. Nice game, if a bit... Wierd. n00bish actually. Which is the whole point. :P
Post created from the twisted mind of Huw Dawson.
Not suitible for under-3's due to small parts.
Contents may vary.

Gilbert

Because it's not made by a n00b and not for n00bs ;)

MillsJROSS

We should make people play this before they join the community. Had some very witty dialog.

-MillsJROSS

hedgefield

Even though I may not yet be in full right to respond to this game *cough*, I think it's great! Looks good, plays well, and very funny. Good job.

Developer

Are all the graphics done by you?

Very fun game. Played ir for 5 minutes, I like the jokes. How do you get the cup? lol

Indie Boy

I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

Scummbuddy

Quote from: Developer link=topic ;)=19434.msg237859#msg237859 date=1109958982
Are all the graphics done by you?

Very fun game. Played ir for 5 minutes, I like the jokes. How do you get the cup? lol
Thank you. The animations were all done by me. The character designs were first made by Petteri, he made like 3 of the characters. I made the rest with a basic template of his characters. The bar background was made by Czar, and I did some lighting differences on it to make it more usable.  The lobby room was made by a member of the DemoQuest3 team, but I am unsure of whom. I did make some modifications to that, but that is mostly, the bottom 20 rows of pixels (to add enough to make it fit the screen size I desired.)

I'm confused though, did you get the cup?

Quote from: Potter on Fri 04/03/2005 19:19:01
does CJ have tits!!!11!???/?

I don't remember giving him any?   ;) Is there a weird crease in his shirt? I'll check it out later. (and I'm fairly sure I dont remember him having any in NY)
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Czar

Well, if you really cant find the cup, dont give up now!   ;)

I was away for a while and when i came back, i was really in for a surprise. A mistake has been made, but i have pm-ed scummy about it and i think this misunderstanding should be solved soon.
;)

WU, C.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Reptile

Hey man, great game. I love the concept and had a belly full of laughs, I love the sprites very simple but could use extra detail, you should try and keep the backgrounds a same style, over all a great game. I hate the Lucas Arts Gui style, btw.  ;)  (Damn you Lucas Arts for making such a fiddly system :p)

I dont know how to get the mug, any chance of you telling me?
(Signature removed due to violation of image size rules).

pslocum

Spoiler
After Petteri tells you that you have to have a cup, look at the cups in the desk, and then talk to him again.
[close]

Reptile

I got my blue cup, how can I get the cool people to  like me? lol

Scummbuddy

Well, right... Czar wasn't the orginal author of the bar background. a person who hasn't posted here since last october, 04, by the name of tamper, as many will remember, was the real artist. Czar wants to make backgrounds for the game, and will be doing so in his spare time. So, a future update will come, but for now, tamper gets the recognition.

My apologies to tamper.
-Hoagie from DOTT

lakerz

Thanks for the hint.  The game is pretty funny.  ;D

Reptile

Quote from: Reptile on Fri 04/03/2005 23:09:26
I got my blue cup, how can I get the cool people to  like me? lol

Still waiting.  ;)

Scummbuddy

just talk to people in the bar. if you need help on jet, read the diary

if you need more help, take it to the tips and help forum
-Hoagie from DOTT

Ionias

This game is funny and not funny all at the same time. I loved the dialog, and the animations.

grandma

this was a fun game and i feel as if i know all of the guys personally. at 70 years old and able to complete the game with no hints (smile)  i can't believe there was so much confusion about this game.  thanks for taking the time to make this game.  i look forward to playing more of your games.   

Scummbuddy

I'm glad you seem to have enjoyed it. i appreciate your kind comments. forgive me for being surprised that a newcomer to these forums has played my game, and enjoyed it especially the jokes, even while not fitting the proposed demographics in several different areas. my real games are actually not like this at all. there is a bit more professionalism in my real games. but feel free to check them out once released.

but again, im very happy you enjoyed it!
-Hoagie from DOTT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk