Sprite Jam #40 - Ends March April 2nd - WINNER: BOG

Started by voh, Fri 25/03/2005 01:03:13

Previous topic - Next topic

voh

This will be the first sprite jam I'll ever be the idea giver of, so I'll make it easy on you all so I can hopefully get a lot of responses and a lot of sprite submissions :)

It's really simple.. The topic will be: a company logo, it can be coca cola, burger king, eXXon Mobile, whatever. Be creative in it. The size requirement? Uhm, well, let me think... Let's make it small ;)

150x150 would be a nice size, I think.

Colours? A maximum of 16, greyscale with the exception of one colour you can choose yourself (red, purple, blue, indigo (if anyone uses indigo, you'll get a pat on the shoulder)). From that one colour you can use a maximum of two different tones.

I hope it's not too far-fetched. It seemed like an interesting jam when I thought of it :)

So, to summarize:

Topic: Company logo
Size limit: 150x150
Colour limit: 16, of which 14 greys, and 2 tones of one colour.

Have fun :)
Still here.

Mr_Frisby

Here is what the Team Zissou logo would look like if redone in 16 colours. It could be useful for . . lets say . . and avatar or for a fan of the move to use as a wallpaper or . .say if someone was making a fan game of the move Life Aquatic, which I'm not, but say if I where, which I'm not, it would deffinately come in handy. yup.

(i'm not by the way).

ps is that indigo?
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

voh

Nah, Indigo is a dark blue-ish purple :)
Still here.

bog

Should we be creative with a known company logo or just make up something entirely new?

Kweepa

Pick one. Do both. Do whatever makes you happy.
The worst that can happen is you don't win - and that's not what these competitions and activities are about anyway.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

voh

Exactly :) You can be creative with an existing logo or make up your own.

I'm looking forward to whatever you're willing to create ^_^
Still here.

bog

Well Ronald Mcdonald is not a logo but i thought i'd be fun to do. This is obviously done under the influence of MDC's Corporate DeathBurger

voh

C'mon people, give BoG some competition :P
Still here.

Sam.

Bye bye thankyou I love you.

DanClarke

Here's something i knocked up very quickly in PS, a bit of a cheap plug for my website lol. It's a gif saved with 16 colours at 150x150.

Kweepa

Since we're plugging...

Big Cat Studios

Not an entry since it's more of a Photoshop munge than a sprite. Also, there may be more than two blues in there - it's difficult to tell with Elements.
I needed to do this for my game, and figgered I'd post it.
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

voh

First off - apologies for my late return, I was having computer troubles (again)..

The last two images weren't sprites, Steve already mentioned it, and the one from DanClarke is obviously embossed :)

Even though BoG's image at the moment doesn't work, I preferred it over mr. frizby's.

So congrats, BoG, the next jam's for you ^_^
Still here.

Sam.

i disagree about danclarkes, he really is that good. Can anyone back me up?
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Mr Flibble

He really is THAT good.
I didn't for a second think it was embossed. Thats just good workmanship.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

bog

Thanks voh,  unless you change your mind - which i would totally understand given the situation - i'll post the rules for the new jam soon.
Seems the sever i have my stuff on is somtimes down, sorry for that.

DanClarke

Hey everyone, just a quick note to say mine WAS embossed, like i said it was just a quick PS thing i did. I blame my lack of observation (i do know what a sprite is lol) on too many late nights :) Thanks for the support everybody though, and ill be sure to have a proper go at the next sprite jam.

Congrats to BoG too!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk