A painters journey - Demo avitable

Started by Juliuz, Wed 10/08/2005 01:15:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Juliuz

Here are some screenshots from my ongoing game "A Painters Journey". The game has its own homepage with have an almost complete demo that you downloadit also have some additional screenshots if you can't view the screenshots in this thread:

http://www.freewebs.com/apaintersjourney/

So, the story is as follows:

Bob is an underpaid victim of society, working at a paint-factory, constantly thinking about how miserable his life is. But the day his boss gets kidnapped he sees his chance to escape, and he decides to go home. But the problems doesn't stop here. On his way home he encounters a lot of problems, and he finds different clues that his boss has left behind to try to give by-passers a hint of what's happened to him. Bob is forced to solve the mysteries, and maybe in the same process save his boss, but is he really prepaired for what he will meet out there...

There is just one thing I really, really need for my game, A CHARACTER! If anyone out there is interested in making me a character, I would be sooo happy. Please don't hesitate to take contact if you're interested!!!

Progress on demo:

BG's:Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, 100%
Characters:Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, 0%
Dialogue:Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, 80%
Bug Fixing:Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã, 90%
Scripting:Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  75%
Overall game progress:Ã,  70%

Hope you enjoy it.

Please come with some C&C on the game ;)

Thank you!!!

JuliuzÃ,  8)
I've got three 'taters, a bucketfull o' pelicans...and satan!

Darth Mandarb

You didn't put anything in your post telling us what the game is actually about??  You'll see more interest when you give out information like that!  Not to mention it's part of the rules!!  Please update your first post with a description about the game.

QuoteI'm not sure it's legal, but please come with some C&C
C&C on the game is okay ... but if you want C&C on the art; post in the Critics Lounge!

Also, if you're looking for a character artist you might consider posting in the ACR Thread with the request.  You may get a better response there.

I wouldn't mind helping but between my own 2 games I'm working on, the team game I'm working on, and the real world I have no time left to breath.

You might consider giving it a go yourself, post in the CL, and get some feedback.  The CL has helped me many times.

Juliuz

There...now I've added a story to the thread, and the VERY kind Venus has agreed to try to help me making a main character for my game. I now hope that the production speed of the game will boost into the sky. Hopefully the game will be ready before christmas ;)

Juliuz

Finally I've posted the demo. Please check it out and come with some good C&C ;)

Thanx ;)

Scummbuddy

If this is taking place in the United States, and that buy-o-matic machine tells me so, then we don't use the comma in the price tag, except when diferring between groups of three, such as:

1,444 dollars

but what you have would be .25 cents.   or 0.25 cents.
and $ 1.25 

just some help...
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Juliuz

Thanx scummbuddy :P

I'll fix it in the finished game. WHat do you think of the game, other than the buy-o-matic machine? Puzzles? Bg's?

Juliuz ;)

Juliuz

I've fixed some of the bugs in the game, and part two of the game is slowly coming together now. Can't give an exact release date yet, but it will sure be in stores before christmas :P I'm getting great help from Venus making my main character, wich by the way you can check out in the critics lounge. ;) Please keep giving c&c on the game, and keep spotting bugs ;)

Venus

Well, you can't check him out in CL yet, but you will be able to soon  ;D.

Akumayo

I've got a drunken character named Jimbo you could use.....but I don't really think he'd fit in.  You could easily cast him as a hobo.  (He's drawn for 620x400, so he'll need to be shrunken a little)
akumayo@hotmail.com if your intersted.
"Power is not a means - it is an end."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk