Realm of Darkness Critique

Started by Trisk, Sun 06/03/2005 21:43:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisk

I just posted over in the announcement forum an official announcement of my game. I'd be interested to know if people like the look of the game. I hold my cards pretty close to my chest, so I'm not interested in giving out too many story details but my greatest struggle has been puzzle. I've worked on 3D shooters before so graphics, art and story aren't a problem for me, but figuring out a good puzzly way to use them is. I've read some of the puzzle theory posts of the forums, and while they are interesting and informative, I still am struggling to get enough good puzzle content going. My biggest fear for my game is that it end up like Myst: pretty graphics that you stumble through, with no puzzles to really get into.

So my question is this: is there anybody out there who can promise to be descreet whom I could detail some of what I'm doing story wise to. Someone who feels they could make some suggestions for good puzzles.

You'd get in the credits for the game, of course, and would be sent a current compile of the game to take a look at and brainstorm for puzzle ideas and offer other suggestions. I'd also sketch out the overall story to you to see what you think.

I don't really feel like I can adequately express my vision for this game in just a few forum posts, which is why I'm hoping I can get a nibble from someone who'd be interested enough to take some time and play through what I've got.

***Person must be over 18!!! This will be an M rated game for violence and gore. If you were OK with Pleurghburg, then this game won't offend.***

Thank you very much to whoever takes the time to read all of this!

Yours,
Trisk

DragonRose

This really isn't the right forum, but I'd be glad to help you. My e-mail address is in my profile, or you can PM me.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Trisk

What forum would it go in then? I'm asking for someone to critique a current compile of my game...isn't this the best place to find one?  :P

Andail

This is for publishing material, and recieving c&c on it.
You are asking for someone to do personal favours for you, and such advertising should be handled in the designated ACR-thread in the AGS chat forum.

Good luck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk