Colouring a room

Started by intermalte, Tue 08/03/2005 23:03:47

Previous topic - Next topic

intermalte

I started drawing this room by hand, scanning it and i tried to colour it afterwards.
I'm not sure if it goes into the right direction.
I need your opinion.
I show you the non-coloured and the coloured version.

if your grandmother or any other member of your family should die whilst in the shelter, put them outside, but remember to tag them first for identification purposes

Peter Thomas

I'd say that's definitely going in the right direction. You've already done most of the shading in your pencil sketch, so you don't really have to do all that shading again with your colours.

For some uncanny reason when I saw it I thought "ooh! that'd look cool in a "Bert the Newsreader" remake." Yeah yeah, I don't know where that came from either, but it DOES look cool either way. I'm guessing from the style that this would be somewhat more serious than BtN, though...
Peter: "Being faggy isn't bad!"
AGA: "Shush, FAG!"

intermalte

You're right. I shaded the edges afterwards - maybe it's too much. On the other hand I thought that the texture of the pencil sketch would be too rough to give a real shading feeling. I'm not happy about the upper left edge.
And maybe now the walls are too yellow at all.
I wanted to give the impression of the light bulb as the only lightsource but I didn't add hard shadows because this causes problems with characters in there without shadows.
if your grandmother or any other member of your family should die whilst in the shelter, put them outside, but remember to tag them first for identification purposes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk