Have you ever wanted to be possessed by an Atlantean ghost?

Started by Pesty, Fri 18/03/2005 03:46:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Pesty

Lately I've been working on something special to sell to all of my favorite adventure game nerds (that's you dudes!). Now you can preorder your own Nur-ab-Sal necklace, just like Sophia's. I made one in silver for myself, then thought I'd make some for other fans of the game. They'll be cast in bronze, a bright goldish bronze that looks very much like oricalcum. I've already got three preorders, and I'd like to get at least three more before I start casting.

I have a few pictures to give you an idea of what to expect.

Here is mine, without the swirl because I plan on setting stones for it: http://www.sylpher.com/froghaslipstick/pictures/foa_necklace3.png

And here I am wearing it: http://www.sylpher.com/froghaslipstick/pictures/memodellingnurabsal1.png

Here's one of the wax models I've made (this one is Miez's) next to a US penny to get an idea of the size. They're not very large, but they're a nice size for an actual necklace (Sophia must've had a linebacker's neck to hold up that much metal!): http://www.sylpher.com/froghaslipstick/pictures/waxmodel_foanecklace_1.png

Just post here or PM me if you want to be put on the preorder list. I'm making them in lots of 6-8 pieces at a time, depending on how many orders I get. Once I get them cast, I'll contact everyone who's ordered for payment information. It'll be through Paypal. I still need to find out about both national and international shipping costs before I can give you guys prices for that, but I should know by the time I'm ready to recieve payments.

I think that's it. Each order also gets something special with their piece, but you'll have to wait to find out what that is!

Edit: Durrrr, I forgot the price. Without a chain, they're $15 and with a chain they're $20.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

LGM

I'm going to sound extremely stupid for asking this.. But what game is this from?

I'll take a wild guess and say FOA.. But I really don't know.

Great work, though
You. Me. Denny's.

Pesty

Quote from: [lgm] on Fri 18/03/2005 03:50:31
I'm going to sound extremely stupid for asking this.. But what game is this from?

I'll take a wild guess and say FOA.. But I really don't know.

Great work, though

Sorry, yes, it's from FoA.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

LGM

Ah.. I see. Excellent replication. I'd buy one.. But I have no real emotional attachment to the game. I was a Sierra kid.
You. Me. Denny's.

Kinoko

I actually think I'd like a wax model!

Seriously though, very nice. A really great idea, and I'm happy you have preorders already. I personally love trinkets, physical objects that remind me of games/movies I love, so stuff like this really appeals to me.

Unfortunately, I'm about $1000 in debt and jobless, so I'll have to say no to buying one. I think I'd be tempted if it were made out of something like wood or a semi-precious stone. I'm not much of a metal fan.

Pesty

Quote from: Kinoko on Fri 18/03/2005 04:17:02
I actually think I'd like a wax model!

Seriously though, very nice. A really great idea, and I'm happy you have preorders already. I personally love trinkets, physical objects that remind me of games/movies I love, so stuff like this really appeals to me.

Unfortunately, I'm about $1000 in debt and jobless, so I'll have to say no to buying one. I think I'd be tempted if it were made out of something like wood or a semi-precious stone. I'm not much of a metal fan.

What, do you prefer rap? OMG I ares so funny!

No, it's understandable. I'm in a similar situation (no income, yet somehow I have debt) and I would never expect someone to choose something like this over something important. This is just for fun. I'm glad to know people are interested, at least.

Helm

Not even a little Iron Maiden or prime Sabbath?

err, sorry.

Anyway, pete, I'll take one!
WINTERKILL

Kweepa

Great feely!
http://www.feelies.org

I'm considering making feelies for my game when it's finally released...
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Kinoko

Does that scratch and sniff card that came with LGOP count as a feely?

Radiant

Very cool! AFPers have they anorank, and now AGSers have this!

(now please don't start selling rubber chickens with pulleys in the middle... :) )

Scummbuddy

Quote from: Radiant on Fri 18/03/2005 08:39:19
(now please don't start selling rubber chickens with pulleys in the middle... :) )
It's hard to do that when nothing better than this is out there. http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/09608.html

And Pesty, this is a great looking necklace. you did such a good job. I loved your joke about Sophia needing to be a linebacker.  As of now, I don't think I'll be getting one, but I am glad you posted in the FOY forums. maybe also do it in the Amberfish arts one too (if you havent already) I suppose you'll keep the mold, so maybe in the future ill ask for one from you.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Privateer Puddin'

Pesty

Quote from: Scummbuddy on Fri 18/03/2005 21:50:05
Quote from: Radiant on Fri 18/03/2005 08:39:19
It's hard to do that when nothing better than this is out there. http://www.mcphee.com/amusements/current/09608.html

And Pesty, this is a great looking necklace. you did such a good job. I loved your joke about Sophia needing to be a linebacker.Ã,  As of now, I don't think I'll be getting one, but I am glad you posted in the FOY forums. maybe also do it in the Amberfish arts one too (if you havent already) I suppose you'll keep the mold, so maybe in the future ill ask for one from you.

I'm considering posting in the Amberfish Arts forum. I think I will once I get back from my spring break trip. I wouldn't want to go and post about it and then dissapear for a week.

Radiant: Dang, you ruined my next project!

Renal Shutdown

Right-o.  A couple of questions..
1. The Chain.  How sturdy is thing thing likely to be? The amount of things I've had round my neck and broken in the past..
2. This bronze stuff.  What's the likelihood of this bronze stuff making a green patch on my chest? The amount of times I've been left with green patches..

Assuming the answers to the above questions are the answers I want, put me down on the list.  If they are not, I'll probly end up having one anyway, but will have to plan days to actually wear it.

(In other words, I don't like removing jewellery that much what with my paranoias.  Ergo, I pick things that usually last).

Apologies if this post makes me look dumb.  It feels wrong when I read it back to myself, but currently, I don't have the smarts to improve upon it.
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

Pesty

Quote from: Iqu on Fri 18/03/2005 22:54:57
Right-o.Ã,  A couple of questions..
1. The Chain.Ã,  How sturdy is thing thing likely to be? The amount of things I've had round my neck and broken in the past..
2. This bronze stuff.Ã,  What's the likelihood of this bronze stuff making a green patch on my chest? The amount of times I've been left with green patches..

Assuming the answers to the above questions are the answers I want, put me down on the list.Ã,  If they are not, I'll probly end up having one anyway, but will have to plan days to actually wear it.

(In other words, I don't like removing jewellery that much what with my paranoias.Ã,  Ergo, I pick things that usually last).

Apologies if this post makes me look dumb.Ã,  It feels wrong when I read it back to myself, but currently, I don't have the smarts to improve upon it.

It's only fair to ask questions like these. I have some answers that may or may not be satisfactory.

1. I haven't found good chain for a good price yet, so this is yet to be determined. I can guarantee it'll be good quality, I would never sell cheap stuff. This is a side project for me that I thought would be fun for other people too, I'm not out to make a quick buck. If you do get one with a chain and it does break, I can easily refund what you paid for the chain, which is $5 USD.

2. To be honest, I have no idea. The bronze I use is as pure as bronze can get. It's called 'ancient bronze' and it's an alloy of copper and tin (most bronze today has zinc and/or silicon in it). The reason your skin turns green is because you're having an allergic reaction to one of the metals in the jewelry, so if you've had this happen with copper, I wouldn't recommend trying the bronze piece, just in case.

Sorry I couldn't give you definate answers. Hopefully I'll find some good chain that I can afford (without hiking up the price any more)soon. I've got some good leads with 'gold filled' chains, which are durable and nice looking. I'll keep everyone who's ordered one with chain posted.

Chicky

I'd like to buy one, but at a later date... I've recently maxed out my card on a imported psp purchase.

How many are you planning on making Pesty?

Pesty

Quote from: Chicky on Sat 19/03/2005 00:16:55
I'd like to buy one, but at a later date... I've recently maxed out my card on a imported psp purchase.

How many are you planning on making Pesty?

However many orders I get. I plan to cast them in runs of 6 to 8, depending on the demand. If you want one, let me know and I'll put you down on the preorder list, but the first run isn't even cast yet and won't be until at least the week after next.

AGA

I'm fairly certain the green-skin thing happens with cheap alloys, not because of a reaction to pure base metals. If it's pure bronze you should be ok. A chemist (Unilin?) would be able to tell you more though...

Unilin

Pete was right, it happens due to an allergic reaction some people have to copper.  The cheap alloys thing is to do with how some "gold" jewlery is cut with other metals, such as copper, and will leave people with a grean stain and ripped-off feeling.
"He is the deadliest man alive and I want him dead."  -- The Boss, Ett Buttert Utter

Nothing in the universe is certain, probably.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk