march mags: Hello taxi

Started by viktor, Sat 19/03/2005 10:22:57

Previous topic - Next topic

viktor

Well since I haven't done anything in a long time I decided to take a shot at the march mags competition.As always the story is kept simple.
I had a lot of fun making this game becouse I had an opertunity to try out some of my newly gained art skills  :D.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.slomskov-zavod.si/~kingofrock/taxi.zip
Image:
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Sztyopek

WOW! COOOOOOOOOOL!  8)
Especially how the key was involved into the puzzle! :)

I wonder if you are planning Part 2: How did Brian manage to get to the competition without taxi? :D

I have found two minor bugs in the game:
Spoiler
1. When looking at Misty aftr giving her the unicorn doll, Phil continues to say she is crying.
[close]
2. When looking at the taxi after having recharged its batteries, Phil continues to say it is not working.

Anyway, it is a great game, you definitely should make more episodes and more games of this kind!!

Maybe you could speed up a bit the walking animation of your main character, or some settings to customize that... and find a way decrease a bit the mbytes, if possible?

Sinitrena

Just downloaded and finished your game. I enjoyed it, but it was very, very short.
There were a few spelling mistakes (a few too much to tell you every single one) but this doesn't matter for me.

One bug I noticed:
Spoiler
After you gave the puppet to the little girl, it still says that she's crying when looking at her
[close]

Sztyopek

Viktor, some links from your website seem to be forbidden, index.htm included.
The main page (http://www.slomskov-zavod.si/~kingofrock/) is very interesting, but cannot read the other pages.

viktor

yeah I know. I hadn't had time to take care of the site for a long time. I'll have to update it a bit soon. I also noticed that it dosn't work in IE explorer properly.

About the game:
- I'll fix the bugs
- I'll fix the spelling mistakes
- I'll update a newer version shortly  ;)

First I'll wait if there are any more bugs so I wont have too much work.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Sztyopek

There are some hotspots and objects which have no description when placing the mouse cursor over them, such as the carpenter's clothes, and the sky (or whatever it is) over the car.
It would be good to get a response for any action I try to do, such as trying to put my hands into the sewer, etc.

viktor

Quote from: Sztyopek on Sat 19/03/2005 13:00:19
There are some hotspots and objects which have no description when placing the mouse cursor over them, such as the carpenter's clothes, and the sky (or whatever it is) over the car.
It would be good to get a response for any action I try to do, such as trying to put my hands into the sewer, etc.

Carpenters clothes? I hawen't seen any adventure game where you can look at a persons clothing piece ( I didn't maybee someone else did).
And that isn't a sky. It's a taxi sign. And shure I'll try to update it a bit. Don't know if I can today but definetly tomorow.
signature" border="0

Sztyopek

I meant that big blue something  behind&above the taxi...

Sztyopek

... and that big white piece of textile, for te kite.

Rosie

Quote from: viktor on Sat 19/03/2005 12:28:28
yeah I know. I hadn't had time to take care of the site for a long time. I'll have to update it a bit soon. I also noticed that it dosn't work in IE explorer properly.

About the game:
- I'll fix the bugs
- I'll fix the spelling mistakes
- I'll update a newer version shortly  ;)

First I'll wait if there are any more bugs so I wont have too much work.
Trying to play the game, but stuck.  I have a key, string,computer book and  cross that carpenter made me.  Toy that I gave the crying kid.  There is something shiny in the sewer, but string, and anything else in my inventory doesn't seem to go down there to get it>???
I see the linen in carpenter shop for the kite, but carpenter said I could have some, not all, so hand doesn't work on it.  and I have nothing in my inventory to cut it with.  Tried putting string or cross on it, doesn't work.  What should I do now???? Any clues or hints?

Sztyopek

Spoiler
put something sticky on a piece of string, or something, then try fishing with that in the sewer, you will get a sharp razor blade.
[close]

viktor

ok the new version of the game is up. The link is the same. I think i fixed all of the spelling mistakes. And fixed the problem with the girl and car. Have fun.
signature" border="0

luutje

help, where can i find a sticky piece. i can't find it  :-[

Sztyopek

Spoiler
Have you taken a look at Doris' desk?
[close]

Potch

Tuntis:  just some friendly advice.... use hide instead of hint.  :)

Spoiler
  Give the toy to the little girl
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Sztyopek

I think Tuntis thought of the kite... just look at the picture at the wall above the carpenter's desk, that should give you a hint.

Abisso

I finally downloaded your game, Viktor, and I want to express my most sincere congratulations.

It is simple, but effective, and I like your graphic style. Cartoonish and neat, and quite good animations, too. But I have to criticize something.

1. The puzzles are too easy! I finished the game in about 10-15 minutes.

2. The intro is absent and the ending a bit disappointing (except if you're planning a sequel).

3. Some interactable parts of the screen (like the sky, and, more important, the cloth) don't have names in the bottom-right label.

Apart for this, nice game, and I use this occasion to congratulate for your MAGS success.  ;)
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk