[CANCELLED] By the Sword: Conspiracy

Started by TerranRich, Wed 23/10/2002 19:29:09

Previous topic - Next topic

TerranRich

Heh, thanks guys, tho it's a bit late for me to reply.

The running will be fixed. In fact, it already has been fixed. The intro will be re-done when the entire game is finished,  as I am using better methods of modeling and stuff to make things look better and more realistic.

Anyone who wants to Beta can get a free copy of the game on CD-ROM (no shipping either), but the catch: fill out a survey, AND give a detailed description of what you thought was good, bad, needed work, was perfect/fine, etc. Then, you'll be added to the ending credits of the game! :D

i'm going for realism with this game. If you noticed, the intro is mostly still shots where closeups are concerned. This will not be the case with later cutscenes and the re-made intro. You'll see. ;) It will ROCK!!

Matt Brown

word up

frobozz

Me too.

Looks fantastic, by the way.

-Fro.

remixor

I'd be in to beta test, if you'd be willing to let me.  Your game looks really cool.  The intro graphics are great, especially the close up rendered faces which blew me away.  Best of luck  :D
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

TerranRich

Thanks again, guys. ;D

Anybody who says they're in will receive an email whenever the game is done. Make sure your email is in your profile. :)

NOTE: Anybody who replies in this thread with an affirmation that they wish to be a beta tester, will get an email, and then a free copy of BtS on CD when it comes. I expect the release date to be sometime this summer or fall.

Joseph DiPerla

Hey if you still want beta testers, I would be willing to to do it also. My e-mail is ajdiperla@netzero.net

Joey DiPerla
Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

Femme Stab Mode >:D

If you STILL want beta testers my e-mail is sasha@itkid.com. I'm downloading the intro right now. The screenshots look awesome btw.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Pet Terry

I could be one of the beta testers if you need. My email can be found in my profile.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Rincewind

Well, you've probably got enough of them now, but if there's room for one more, I'd love to be a beta tester... ;D
Looks incredible!

TerranRich

Well I think that's plenty. :) Thanks everybody! I will send out emails when the game is finished. Just make sure either your email is visible in your profile, or in your post above.

I'm seriously debating whether to release the first Chapter as a demo, but even that will be too huge to upload (and for others to download). Maybe just more screenshots! ;D

Barcik

I want to beta test too, if it's not too late.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

TerranRich

So, I bet you thought this had faded away into oblivion, eh? Well GUESS AGAIN! No...guess again... uh...guess--- BAH!

So here are my full plans with this thing. Right now, I am nearing the end of Chapter One (out of 6 chapters), and am planning to release Chapter 1 as a fully playable demo (a mini-game actually) once it's done, which should be SOOON. Then it's on to the rest of the game. :P

It's already at 70 MB compiled, so I'm pretty sure the full version will be released onto CD. I have decided on a price: $10 (USD).

But that's not all! For an extra $5 I can include a Bonus Disc with extra features, such as audio commentary (available at the beginning of the game), "outtakes" (which aren't really outtakes of course, but still), The Making Of By the Sword, where I walk you through behind-the-scenes, concept art, wireframes, etc. Whatever I feel like adding in. Also, there will be a complete walkthough and hidden cheats throughout the game will be revealed.

With permission from m0ds, I will also include a free Soundtrack CD with all the music from BtS inside (The $5 will be for the Bonus CD, not the Soundtrack) ;)

And even some extra options, like a DVD case instead of a jewel case for $2 extra, a paper manual instead of electronic manual for an extra $4, etc., etc.

So those are my plans. Right now, I'm about 81% done with the Chapter 1 demo, which I will release for upload sometime next month. :)

So how do ya like THEM apples!? ;D

Snake

70MB, Tarn? Holy shmoly! ...Guess I'll be waiting for the full game ;) ...Hell, I still have to buy Fatman....

Good job, though, seems like you've got everything under control and rolling smoothly :)

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Goldmund

So, can one get a blank DVD case from you for 2 $?

I'm puzzled.

evilspacefart

awesome intro. can you make it so its not such a huge dl? the demo was huge but the full version must be enormous.

*edit*
nevermind... it's on cd.

TerranRich

Heh.

Goldmund: No, I simply meant that those were added options you could have when buying the full game. :)

So yeah, the Intro/Rolling demo is around 5.8 MB alone.

The Chapter One playable demo will be 70-ish MB.

The full game could be as high as 100-200 MB, but with voices and music, maybe as high as 300 MB !!!

:D

Minimi

Terran.. i have this question! Could it be that you are using Bryce for the scenes and poser for the characters? Because thats what it looks like! If that is so, maybee we could one day pass over eachothers work, and you could maybee help me to improve my skills. I have sometimes trouble using the lattice to make the object that i want. I am btw making a tutorial for bryce, and how to use it to make nice backgrounds for a game. Btw... very nice screenshots, though you can work on the expression of the characters. I was looking at the screenshot in wich 2 gauys were scanning the area, and the right guy... looks a bit awkward. I look forward playing your game!

TerranRich

GOOD NEWS!

The By the Sword Playable Demo is here! And it's only 18MB!!!!

How did I do it? The wonders of ZIPing a file made it possible! It went from 70MB to 18MB. Woohoo!

So download the demo...

HERE!!!

;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk