The 7th Sense - March MAGS - Version 1.5

Started by Abisso, Thu 24/03/2005 16:42:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Abisso

This is my entry for the March MAGS, THE 7TH SENSE.

Is based upon the Saint Seya anime. For any other information you could simply read the Manual.

Sorry, but I forgot to take screenshots: I will edit this post as soon as possible.

Resolution: 640X400
Music Pack available
AGS Version: 2.62

This game has been made in ten days, and it is my first attempt ever.
I would like a bit of feedback please, even if you want to offend me or pray me to never make a game again!

Hope you enjoy it!

edit: Here are 2 screenshots:

Version 1.5 (and probably the last one) is now released!

New features:

-Custom SAVE, LOAD, QUIT, SKIP INTRO, MENU GUIs!
-New "what's under mouse cursor" GUI
-Custom cursor graphic
-New Manual, with a lot more infos
-Various bug fixes
-Various graphic changes and implementing
-Some different puzzle
-Some dialogue changes

I strongly recommend you to download the whole game in .ace format, cause it's slightly bigger than the .zip file and contains music, too. The reason for my decision to put .zip files too, is that not always people care for downloading WinAce just to unpack a game, while everyone has Winzip.

Downloads:

Whole Game (it's in ace format, use WinAce link below to be able to unpack it)
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=541

WinAce link (needed to unpack .ace files)
http://www.tucows.com/preview/194310.html

I also put the game in the AGS main site.

15th of March, 2005: Added an italian translation, and the italian manual, both in the .ace file, but also available separetely on my website.

To use the translation, simply put it in the game's folder, and choose the "Italiano translation" from the Winsetup.exe file.

10th of May, 2005: Due to problems on my website, now you can only download the .ace version of the game, complete with all the files, manuals, and translations.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Sorry to be nitpicky, but could you put all those three together in a single file, please?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Abisso

Yeah, I can, but why should I? If one doesn't care for the Music Pack, why must he download it anyway (consider a 56 kbps user)?

For the Manual, I'll do it in the future, but it would be difficult to explain why I haven't done it before. So, PLEASE excuse me. And just click three times instead of one, to download all the files.

"just a minute after posting" edit:

I'm sorry Erik, I've been too harsh with you. Please believe me, I'm sincere. Simply explain me why it bothers you so much to download 3 files instead of one.

edmundito

YES!!!11 Am I the only one who got after reading the topic that the 7th sense had to do with Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac?!  ;D

I bet Gilbot will get it, too.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Abisso

Actually, this should have been a secret....
I purposedly wrote the title wrong (Saint Seya) to keep the mistery!  ;D

Phoenix

little bug, when you use your sense on yourself it says what it should say for the pegasis(sp) and vis versa
Hello Tomorrow Goodbye Yesterday

Potch

I for one appreciate the separate files. Since I *cough*  ahem  play these games at work *cough*  I can't usually play with the sound, unless I stay late at the end of the day.  It takes a long time to download stuff here, so since I can't use the sound, it's better for me to just skip it... so thanks!
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

viktor

I'm stuck any hints.
Spoiler
I just defeanted jabu (or whatever he is) now both my friend and him are on the ground and I don't know what to do on. I can't jump the river (there's nothing on the other side ianyway). When I interact with the wall he sais "no way, I can climb it". So why dosn't he? I can't seem to find a way for him to climb it. The jabu also has an item I need but I can't pick it up.
[close]

nice game BTW. I realy like the stile.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Czar

I remember watching this cartoon as a kid on Italia 1. It was called Cavalieri dello Zodiaco :).

C.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Potch

K, i'm stuck at the beginning. 
Spoiler
All I can find is a sharp rock.  i'm assuming I have to do something with the waterfall... but I can't figure out what.  :(
[close]
The hardest thing in this world... is to live in it. (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy Summers in "The Gift")

Abisso

Potch:

Spoiler
Try to use your seven senses everywhere ("7" cursor)
[close]

Viktor: See Potch's spoiler (the one in her post, not in this one).

As you can see, I don't provide too much evident help, cause my gaming philosophy forbids me to. Anyway, I know how boring is to play a game for hours without going on. So, feel free to ask again if this post didn't solve your problem.

P.S. Some other opinions on the game? Bug report?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Sorry if I sounded too nitpicky, I'm just one of those people who always like the whole bundle. I always prefered, if people were to make seperate files, make like "Download all in one HERE or, if you don't want to, download THIS, THIS and THIS seperate". Kinda like, if want to and CAN download it "HERE", saves me the extra hassle. Heh. A little reward for wanting the whole works, I guess. ;)
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Abisso

Yeah, all right. I can add a unique file too. Only I thought that having about half of my web space full for a short game, would have been unwise.
But you're right, thanks for interesting in the whole partsof the game  ;)

Do you like it, anyway? ???

viktor

it's a great game. The only thing I found disturbing was the fact that you hawe to watch the text flying up even if you only want to load the game. It just takes to long.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Abisso

You're right, Viktor. I'll solve this in a later version (which I'm already working on).

I know it might sound strange for a game in the "completed game announcement", but I will need some good betatesters very soon, when I'll release the next version of this game. Should I ask here for them? Or should I put a post in the "games in production" forum?

P.S. Thanks Viktor for your kindness. And I haven't played your game, yet! I'll try to do this as soon as I can, I assure you. Anyway I haven't voted for any MARCH MAGS game, obviously.

edmundito

It's always good to follow the norm in AGS. Usually, this means bundling everything into one ZIP file. Windows installers and other methods of compression (rar, ace) should be used for marketing outside of the AGS Community and if you have enough room to host two downloadable versions of your game.

Also,
Spoiler
I know where Jabu is hiding, but it doesn't seem to do anything with the sharp rock. Seiya just says "No."
[close]
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

grandma

ok let us in on the secret of getting as far as you did.  please - i am stuck along with the others.  have rock and have tried to use "7"  everywhere.  help me get started.  please.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

For those that do not know what to do with the rock
Spoiler
there is a big rock near where you picked up the sharp rock.  Use the sense thing on it, then move it, then use the sharp rock on the ground beneath..You should find something there.
[close]

Additional spoilers (step by step so follow only as needed)

Spoiler
use the vase to get some water..What could water do to help your situation?
[close]

Spoiler
use the water on your buddy to wake him up, then get him to help you reveal Jabu.
[close]

Spoiler
You need to defeat Jabu, but he just won't go down!  Have you tried using sense on him?
[close]

Spoiler
search jabu twice, finding your helm and a horn..But how to get the horn?  Try your sharp rock
[close]

Spoiler
It's time to go into the temple, but you still can't find the way to break the door!  Maybe looking closely at the unicorn horn will help.
[close]

Spoiler
use the powder you found from looking at the horn on yourself..Now you can break that door!
[close]

viktor

Spoiler
Damn it I still can't find the sharp rock. I already defeated jabu and both my friend and him are on the ground. Where is that sharp rock. On witch screen.
[close]
signature" border="0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk