Crystal Quest (March MAGS)

Started by CodeJunkie, Sun 27/03/2005 16:25:32

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeJunkie

I wasn't originally going to post this game since it was rushed for the March MAGS, resulting in some awful graphics and animation, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to share.Ã,  I know there are a few glaring bugs (the lever moves to a strange position when pulled) and the walkcycle is really quite dodgy.Ã,  I think I've ironed out all the bugs that make the game incompletable, but tell me if there are any.Ã,  Bugs I know so far are:

- In the moss room, the player can walk through the wall slightly where it leads to the ladder
- The lever doesn't move to the right position while it is pulled
- In the statue room, you can interact with things while on the path still.

Finishing the game was a complete frenzy- I submitted about 3 minutes before the deadline, so I couldn't test it properly.Ã,  As a result, the manual is incomplete, however useful nonetheless.Ã,  Still, if you do want to see an improved version of this game I might consider making one.Ã,  I'd be grateful though if you could report any other bugs.

Game:Ã,  http://www.geocities.com/simbenfold/cq.zip
Manual (with hints and walkthrough):Ã,  http://www.geocities.com/simbenfold/cq-manual.zip

Artphreak

I was beginning to like this game but i think i may have found a bug:

Spoiler
I cannot get the skeleton to talk to me about the poison so that i can use the moss...i got the petals crushed in the vial but i can't do anything else. I tried following the walkthrough and that did not work either. Am i just missing something?
[close]

CodeJunkie

Sorry, the walkthrough itsn't entirely accurate.Ã,  I'll post a better version soon.
The skeleton won't talk to you about the poison as far as I remember.Ã,  To make it:

Spoiler

Crush the petals, put them in the beaker and add water.Ã,  The water is found in the boiler room, the little nozzle at the end of the pipe.Ã,  I'm sorry it's so obscure, I didn't have time to make an animated wheel like I'd intended!
[close]

Artphreak

Okay, i finished it, it was a fun little game but i do have some ideas as to how it could be made better:

-The dragon should be able to speak in order to tell you that he is hungry or that he will move if he gets food

-Maybe the skeleton should talk about the poison so that the player knows the ingredients, or there should be a book or something with the recipe in it

-It was too short, i would like to see a longer game from you

-When i tried to walk onto the 'magic circle' in the first room of the castle it transported me outside

-Some of the walking animations were screwy, but above all it was a good game. I look forward to seeing more in the future

CodeJunkie

Thanks for the feedback, I'll see if I can improve a bit.  As for length, it's harder to make a longer game in the timespan I had (about three and a half weeks).  But I'll see if I can polish it a bit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk