Pirate Fry 2: The Hand of Anturus...

Started by Squinky, Thu 24/10/2002 06:27:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Squinky

Three along with the intro/demo area and the final cutscenes...
But most of the work is done now as far as backgrounds, I shouldn't add more than another 10 to 15 rooms....So, hopefully I can pick up the pace...

Squinky

Matt Brown

great shots! This is one of the games that I really am looking forward to the most, as I loved the first one. one of the more under-rated AGS games i think
word up

jAcK-o

agreed 100% on the under rated factor.
Be he my brother or not, Pirate Fry and what my bro made there(even if it wasnt a scripting masterpiece) exceeds in the ways of humour and character more than a lot of the "big names".
No, i won't name any names, but the ones i am talking about were glorious in their own right.
I just think more kudos should go to Squinky for a wonderful game, and what i PROMISE(since i got's insider info)will be a spectacular sequal.
*kills the psychosomatic concept of love*

"Life, the gift you sometimes want to return for something better."

Gonzo

I've said a couple times that Pirate Fry 1 deserves so much more appreciation, it's a gem of a game. But I think the sequel will be one of the big boys of 2003, so that's gonna mean Squinky will get the kudos he deserves for his work. Maybe more people will play and like the original when Pirate Fry 2 comes out and kicks ass.

Ionias

Wow. I played the demo ages ago and loved it. I can't wait to play the revamped version. Those screenshots are looking good.

26 rooms in just the first act! Sheezzz. :) How many rooms total will be in this game? You still have 3 acts to go don't you?

Squinky

Ionias....now that I've spelled your name for the first time...I just realized how neat-o it was, heh. The game is probably going to be approx 35 to 40 interactive rooms.....but I've been cutting out crap and changing things....I'm trying to re-use areas of the game, this was a weakness in the first game...So, I'm not really adding many more rooms, just adding more interactions....

Gonzo, Jack-o, Mr.Panda, Ionios and the tin man....
Thank you so much for posting your opinions, it really helps me too focus more on the game, which has been a problem for me lately....Really, I love this community...thanks again guys...

My vacation starts tonight, I'm off for eleven days, and I'm gonna bust ass on this as much as I can....

Pet Terry

Now I have started waiting this game more... this looks really cool and Pirate Fry 1 is very good game. I like your style Squinky :)
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

poop

Squinky

Er...Well, I haven't made any dramatic progress here lately. But I promise to keep you updated, Mister Poop...

Quickstrike

Are you still in need of BETA testers?  I can be one if you want.  And, how close to BETA are you?
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Trapezoid

Squinky

Well, I just sent a url for a beta to snake tonight....
This isn't a complete beta though, just a partial. Not everything is done...
I'm gonna wait and see what Snake says, then maybe upload another beta, and then I'll definately let both of you guys test for me. I really apreciate the offer by the way...

Quickstrike

"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Snake

I just want to let everybody know, that this game is gonna kick all your asses. All your base are belong to Squinky.

That is all.

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Trapezoid

Snake

Trap, I haven't seen Squinky around, it's kinda weird. Hope nothing serious happened :(

Anyway, I'll update a little for him:

He asked me a while ago to join The Pirate Fry 2 project, which I did. Wether this is concrete yet, I don't know. I have made him custom cursors which he has said that he has put in the game already, and I have given him a few ideas for the custom GUI. So far I helped with one puzzle.
He still has yet to get back to me on them GUIs...hopefully he comes back from limbo some time soon...

There's an update for ye :)

--Snake

Trapezoid

I believe I saw him today in the goodoldadventures.com chat thingy. Thought it could've been the other Squinky...

Snake

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk